JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$925
Manufacturer
Norinco
Caliber
7.62x39mm
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
SOLD for $850

Lookin to re-home this ol girl.

SKS-M as in it takes regular ol AK mags instead of the stupid duckbill ones.

It likes the steel ones but it'll take any of the ones I got. Might gotta file some of the plastic ones a bit, ya know, normal stuff.

Works just fine. Has the thumbhole stock obviously, cuz SpOrTeRiZeD, which also means no bayonet lug. It's fine.
Includes original cleaning rod and sling. Also has the dust cover picatinny rail. Seems alright if you're just gonna throw a red dot on there or something. For another $25 I can throw in a little tru glo red dot I suppose.
Not looking for trades unless they include a C96 somehow.

IMG_20230725_122906629.jpg IMG_20230725_120351371.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
So that would mean this is a "Sporter" not an "M". "M's" are marked "M".on the receiver.And they come with a Monte Carlo stock.Thanks for looking at markings as i am in the market for an "M". GLWS.

So that would mean this is a "Sporter" not an "M". "M's" are marked "M".on the receiver.And they come with a Monte Carlo stock.Thanks for looking at markings as i am in the market for an "M". GLWS.
It's still an M, they just came with everal different markings and configurations.

• SKS‑M: Post ban type rifles with no striper clip guide, no bayonet and equipped with either a fancy Monte Stock or one of four or five different thumbhole stocks (with either wide or narrow forearms, black painted cuts in the pistol grip or with smooth pistol grip, rear sling mount at the bottom or on the side). These have serial numbers that start with the year imported. These were imported in both 16-inch and 20-inch versions. These rifles will usually have either "SKS Sporter", "SKS NR", or "SKS M" stamped on the side of the receiver. However, some just marked "SKS imported by <XYZ>". The 20-inch version is very scarce. All of the 20-inch models reported to date are marked "SKS M", have fancy Monte stocks, and have serial numbers starting with "94".
    If you're after the 20" variant I wish you luck on your hunt.

Read here, much more informable, An "M" model is an "M", and A "Sporter" is a sporter. An "NR" is an NR. An "MC-5" is an MC-5. And a model "D" is a "D"(20" barrel, detachable bayo), Some folks call all detachable Mag(AK style, not duckbill) Model "D's). Of which they are not. Take a look. http://chinesesks.weebly.com/commercial.html
My understanding was that the D models always had the military style stock, and the M models had no lug and only monte or thumbhole stocks, and that paratrooper, sharpshooter, and sporter were all subclasses of the M model.
Ultimately the market price is pretty negligible aside from the actually scarce ones.
Appreciate the additional info though. Never hurts to have more resources.

My understanding was that the D models always had the military style stock, and the M models had no lug and only monte or thumbhole stocks, and that paratrooper, sharpshooter, and sporter were all subclasses of the M model.
Ultimately the market price is pretty negligible aside from the actually scarce ones.
Appreciate the additional info though. Never hurts to have more resources.
All Good bro! An "M" model in an "M" stock is getting harder. I have a couple and want to add another. Over the years I have owned many "Sporters" as they i believe are the most populated. I think i have like 6 in my stash. The true "D" is in a military stock with a 20" barrel and. Detachable Bayo too. I picked one up a couple of years ago before this crazy price hike. Seems the trigger on these models is long. I sent one of my "m" triggers to Murrys in Texas. He did his magic on it. Very worth the dime spent. GLWS.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top