JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, I am aware that a lot of Norinco firearms have quality control issues... however after some Googling it seems that the 1911 might be the exception. Does anybody here have first hand experience with this pistol? Pro's or Con's

From what I have read, the metal used is 30% harder than what Colt uses. They don't appear to suffer misfeeds or FTE's. They are supposedly fairly accurate and dependable. Being dependable is my largest concern, if you fire at something within pistol range with a pistol... :) Not looking for a target/competition pistol, just one that does what it is supposed to every time I squeeze off a round.

I am not looking for comparisons vs any other make, just info regarding first hand experience with this pistol in this caliber.

Thanks in advance.

John

Norinco firearms have never had a quality control issue.. they are made in the same factories as Red Chinese war weapons. Their 1911s have a good rep for the $$

I had previously owned a Norinco MAC90 (sport model SKS I guess). It fired flawlessly and accurately compared to my M16a2, a bit longer to get back on target but that is to be expected due to caliber. Is the quality control issue just a myth due to being made in China?

I understand that the Norinco 1911 .45 ACP is no longer imported and is actually sought after? Somehow my mind can't make sense of this, but I might have to get over previous conceptions.

Searched a bit more on this site, found some people saying that they had seen them for the $400-500 range at gun shows. If you are familiar with a couple of my other posts... I have a 1971 Jeepster Commando up for sale/trade. I have a person offering 2 Norinco 1911 .45 ACP's, and AK-47 (unsure of anything about this weapon yet) and some cash for it. Trying to get a better feel for the 1911.

I have had a colt and a few kimbers, now my only 1911 is a Norinco. It may not have the fit and finish of my previous 1911's, but it's more reliable and just as accurate. Though, admittedly I'm not a huge 1911 fan overall, I like this gun.

I had a gunsmith do a trigger job, fit an extended mag release, and polish the feed ramp. Then I had NIC industries do a cerakote finish.
Besides new grips, I dont plan on doing anything else to this one. It's as reliable as any 1911 i've ever come across.

imag0033u.jpg

imag0199ra.jpg

A buddy of mine has a Norinco 1911 and shoots a heck of a lot better then the Llama he had before it. In fact it really doesn't shoot that much worse the the two Kimber's I've handled. And both times we've had it out at the range at the gun club, someone's offered to buy it from him. So, if he gets tired of it he knows he can move it.

I have one, never had any problems with it. Its machine work on the inside of the frame and slide is not the best(smoothest), but it doesn't effect the way it shoots or functions.

I have both, and have worked on many of both.

It seems you either get a Norinco that runs, and runs well...or you get one that will implode within a few hundred rounds or so.

The problems are mostly with barrel timing.

Hopefully the Norincos you're getting have had a few rounds thru them. If so, look at the lugs on the barrel. They should be pretty sharp at the corners, without any peening etc.

If you need someone to look them over prior to the deal, come on by and I'll look them over for nuttin'.

And has been said before, the steel is very hard and very good. Wilson Combat used to make some of their guns from Norinco frames years ago...many years ago.

First I have heard of that. I do have a 7.62 Chinese Tokarev and IMO it's a great gun although quite crude as one might expect. My Norinco AKs and my Polytech M1A are also good guns

Is the CQ metal issue in the later guns or across the board?

I had one back in the 90's and it was reliable and accurate. I even used it as my carry gun. I thought the sights were a bit small. I did polish the feedramp, not because there were any problems, I just wanted to practice doing it. Worked like a champ till the day I sold it. Magazines were good too.

between myself and 3 buddies,we have 4 of them and they run very very well.
so-so triggers,but that is easiy remeied,in fact the fella with 2 of them had it done,and it is worth doing.
The miniscule A1 sights were terrible,so I adde 3 dot sights,then added finger groove grips,both aided my shooting qute a bit.
Bought mine used,no idea of round count,but i'd sure by another one.

IMG_2443[1].jpg

IMG_2443[1].jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews