JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have one of those evil semiautomatic killing machines on order from Rock River and can't wait to play with it. Hopefully it will be done in a couple weeks with it being 6 weeks already come and gone since my order. I ordered the RRA ATH Carbine. I chose this one because its is a very sexy gun to me and I got an awesome deal through Legal Transfers LLC (saved over $250 using them).
I will just be doing target shooting is all with it and maybe some small woodland creatures. I want this thing to be a tack driver shooting from a bench 100-300 yards out.I will be putting a bipod on it so now my decision comes down to a scope. I just don't know much about this stuff so I am wanting opinions. My buddy told me about the Nikon 223 scope such as the M-223 or P-223. Do any of have one of these and is it a good choice?

I have logged thousands of rounds under the M-223 Series Scopes. Big fun! I like the rapid action turret's since I routinely shoot the same bullet weight and MV required for the scope to be accurate. .223,55 grain, 3240 fps MV. If you're only going to shoot to 300 yards the M-223 2-8 would work perfectly or the
New for 2012 P-223 3-9. While I don't own one of these, they fly off the store shelves and even internet dealers can't keep them in stock, I have herd nothing but great things. If you decided on a BDC reticle, there's a big Promo going on right now that will let you save some $ with a rebate. Drop me a note if you have more questions.

Here's a pic of my AR with the M-223 3-12 Rapid Action Turret.

My buddy told me about the Nikon 223 scope such as the M-223 or P-223. Do any of have one of these and is it a good choice?
I have the M-223 2-8x. My only complaint is that I wish I would have bought more magnification. I like to see the individual bullet holes with the scope without having to go to the spotting scope. Otherwise, it is a very good value. I might move it to my son's upcoming christmas present and buy myself another nikon to replace it. I'm thinking 4-16 would make me happier.

I have a 6-18x nikon buckmaster on my varmint Ar with a m-223 mount I can see my holes out to 200yrds possibly 300 if I squinted really hard nice magnification good glass. For a carbine length I would go 3-9x

The M-223 4-16 BDC and Rapid Action Turret should be out within the month I am told. I looked it over last Jan. at Shot Show and was very impressed. It is built on the MONARCH platform but for some reason it looked brighter and more clear then my other MONARCH's, maybe just the lighting.....
I like more magnification as well, my 50+ year old eye's just aren't what they used to be. That being said, I love the M-223 1-4 Point Blank Reticle. Shooting steel targets or critters inside of 200 yards is fast and easy.
Here's a pic of my 1-4.

The M-223 4-16 BDC and Rapid Action Turret should be out within the month I am told. I looked it over last Jan. at Shot Show and was very impressed. It is built on the MONARCH platform but for some reason it looked brighter and more clear then my other MONARCH's, maybe just the lighting.....
I like more magnification as well, my 50+ year old eye's just aren't what they used to be. That being said, I love the M-223 1-4 Point Blank Reticle. Shooting steel targets or critters inside of 200 yards is fast and easy.
Here's a pic of my 1-4.

Someone cut the bottom of your magazine off!

I've had the 1-4 M223 for a few years now. It has been a very good scope. Sometimes I wish I had spent more for the Vortex, but the M223 was on sale with a free mount, hard to pass up.

BMM402.jpg

SAM_0225_zps37633fe3.jpg

This is my son on his first birthday with his Papa. He said he wanted to go shoot some guns for his birthday so we went with all my family and friends. His drool shines the guns real nice

I have the 2-8X. For the price, it's decent. The reticle is not illuminated, so that counts against it, and the turrets move extremely easily. I bump them off zero all the time. With no zero stop, I worry about getting lost and winding up an entire revolution off.

Aside from those items, it's a fair value. Mine is coming off in two weeks in favor of a USO 1.5-6X, but that's an entirely different price range.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top