JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So i put a Ruger Charger on lay a way until my CPL renewal came in. The day after it came in the mail i went to go pay it off and pick it up. Well there was a delay with NICS. This was on the 8th. Never been delayed before and when i called today they said the check was still open like nothing has even been done on the feds side. Tried to call the NICS call center and the lady "transferred" me back to the automated options. Getting fed up with this process, should i cancel the purchase or wait it out? Or is there another option on who to get ahold of to see whats up with the process.

So i put a Ruger Charger on lay a way until my CPL renewal came in. The day after it came in the mail i went to go pay it off and pick it up. Well there was a delay with NICS. This was on the 8th. Never been delayed before and when i called today they said the check was still open like nothing has even been done on the feds side. Tried to call the NICS call center and the lady "transferred" me back to the automated options. Getting fed up with this process, should i cancel the purchase or wait it out? Or is there another option on who to get ahold of to see whats up with the process.
If you would have had your cpl when you put it on lay away it might have made a difference but .JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE CPL DOES NOT MEAN YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE TO WAIT NO MATTER WHAT .
I KNOW A SHERIFF DEPUTY THAT ALSO HAS A CPL AND GETS DELAYED .

And the gun store can give you the gun after 10 business days if they have not got a do not procied from nics

I get delay every time no matter what 2 days was the shortest time

When I get done filling out the paperwork I tell the guy I will be back in ten days unless they call me before that .
He looks at me funny and I say I will be delay .5 minutes later he comes back and say .
YOU HAVE BEEN DELAYED LOL

If only I could some how tell the person on the phone or website at nics .it doesn't matter if you delay me .bec because of the so called cool down period .lol if I wanted to use a gun in a crime .I WOULD JUST USE THE ONE OF THE OTHER 18 guns I have at home .I don't need too buy another one

That why I only buy my guns from one store .delay every time but I come back ten buissnes days later and pick up my gun and in Washington it's ten days

Ten days now as of the beginning of the year

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had a delay, although when I'm under review it seems to take a loooong time. :)

I hope the OP gets this sorted out quickly.

Funny cause in most places a NICS delay allows the gun to be transferred after 4 business days...:eek::eek:

I know a guy that got delayed the pistol sat there for 7 weeks. But 2 weeks after the original delay he bought another firearm and was approved .

That why I only buy my guns from one store .delay every time but I come back ten buissnes days later and pick up my gun and in Washington it's ten days
You get delayed evey time ?

If only I could some how tell the person on the phone or website at nics .it doesn't matter if you delay me .bec because of the so called cool down period .lol if I wanted to use a gun in a crime .I WOULD JUST USE THE ONE OF THE OTHER 18 guns I have at home .I don't need too buy another one

While your cooling off while the 22 is on hold you can go home and clean your .45 lol

Funny cause in most places a NICS delay allows the gun to be transferred after 4 business days...:eek::eek:

The blue states are now calling that a loophole

This just happens from time to time. The FFL "can legally" transfer the gun to you after the amount of time specified by law if he has not gotten a denied but, many FFL's will not do this. They are scared of it coming back on them if something goes wrong later. Go back and ask the shop what they intend to do. If they refuse to transfer you could try again or just walk but, I suspect they are not going to refund all your money on the layaway if you walk. Depends on what the terms were.

I get delay every time no matter what 2 days was the shortest time
Its only cause they don't like the beer you drink. :rolleyes:

Form says three business days. Good luck finding an FFL willing to risk their neck though.
The FFL I go to would said they would do that for me, but they know me since I'm there a lot and they're my go to for transfers. I also bring friends who always end up leaving after buying something.

But... I never got delayed so far. o_O

Just buy 10 at once .think of all the gas you will save running back

The FFL I go to would said they would do that for me, but they know me since I'm there a lot and they're my go to for transfers. I also bring friends who always end up leaving after buying something.

I only get delayed at out of town gun shows now.

Its only cause they don't like the beer you drink. :rolleyes:

Years ago my gun dealer was the same way--He knew I always got delayed, so he would hand over my gun and tell me "If I call you, you better bring that gun back here & fast" -- one day my delay turned into a deny...
I ran back there fast too:eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top