JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking for some suggestions for some plating service on a few magazines for my Sig P365. I'm tired of scrubbing rust off them.

Any good providers you've used?
Dang. No idea. Probably way more than the magazines are worth.
Being a cheapskate, I'd probably apply a rust converter, cold blue and then oil.

Dang. No idea. Probably way more than the magazines are worth.
Being a cheapskate, I'd probably apply a rust converter, cold blue and then oil.
This is more of a convenience over value thing. I know it will run ~$30/ea to have them plated. Just looking for hopefully some local suggestions on where to get it done.

Some WD-40 and scotch-brite knocks it right off, but I'm not interested in having to inspect them and do it constantly anymore.

FWIW, this is what I'm dealing with;

20211205_164457.jpg

It's just surface rust, but still.

Not in this case, but the same can be said of WD-40.

For these 3 mags, I'm more interested in prevention rather than maintenance. The other 365 mags can remain blued, I just want my carry mags plated.
FYI Eezox and wd40 rust prevention is light years apart. Only thing that might come close would be parrafin based such as boeshield.

FYI Eezox and wd40 rust prevention is light years apart. Only thing that might come close would be parrafin based such as boeshield.
I get it. I'm not arguing, I'm just interested in some possible local platers, if they exist. I just one-clicked some Eezox from Amazonain for the interim to try out.

I have plenty of bubblegum to do. I'm not looking to screw around with my mags on a regular basis anymore.

Wow I'm surprised you get that much rust. Mine sit in my garage air their whole life unless they go to the range. Almost never clean them, and they have zero rust. Must be really humid where your at.

I'm looking for some suggestions for some plating service on a few magazines for my Sig P365. I'm tired of scrubbing rust off them.

Any good providers you've used?
Nickel plating, bright or satin.
There are a few platers in the Portland area, if that's where you are.
Call around......the trick will be finding one that does small batches.

Wow I'm surprised you get that much rust. Mine sit in my garage air their whole life unless they go to the range. Almost never clean them, and they have zero rust. Must be really humid where your at.
They are from a carry gun. Our sweat is pretty corrosive as it has lots of salt in it.

I've looked at nickel plating myself. You might also look up who took over Robar surface coatings. Lots of HK P7 guys had theirs Robar'd, looks fantastic and holds up exceptionally well.
Problem with chrome, you have to have the surface perfectly prepared or there will be defects. I've never done nickel plating, but did do a lot of contracting work in a place where they chrome plated steel. Nasty process and they had 30% scrap.

I've looked at nickel plating myself. You might also look up who took over Robar surface coatings. Lots of HK P7 guys had theirs Robar'd, looks fantastic and holds up exceptionally well.
Problem with chrome, you have to have the surface perfectly prepared or there will be defects. I've never done nickel plating, but did do a lot of contracting work in a place where they chrome plated steel. Nasty process and they had 30% scrap.

NP3 is pretty much DOA for us peons now. There was a company that took it over from Robar, but they aren't offering it anymore outside of large commercial accounts.

I'm too old and lazy to do any of this bubblegum myself anymore. I've BTDT with most of it. Cost is not the concern.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top