JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have pics or photos of the drilled and tapped receiver for mounting the included Picatinny rail on a Series 582 or 583 Ruger Mini-30 or Mini-15? Also a photo of an optic installed using the Picatinny rail provided by Ruger would be nice.

I wanted to have a Series 581 drilled/tapped locally. Ruger stated that they would not perform the machining but did sell the Picatinny rail.

Ruger's website doesn't display the picture of the top of the receiver, at least on my computer for some reason!

<Ruger® Mini-14® Mini Thirty® Rifle Autoloading Rifle Models
<http://www.ruger.com/products/miniThirty/specSheets/5854.html>

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Re: mattahoe53...

Thanks, but not looking to buy any rails or mounts. I already have the Ruger made Picatinny rail as well as several others. Open sights work well and I can always mount a scope with the included rings but I was giving some thought to having my receiver drilled and tapped locally and wanted to see what the 582, 583 receivers look like which are supposed to come from the factory already drilled and tapped and have the Picatinny rail included.

Thanks Certaindeaf!

That was what I was looking for.

That video showed the Ruger Picatinny rail on the new series Mini's.

Here it is if anyone else is interested...
<

Here is a picture of my 583 series Ranch Rifle
DSCN3217.JPG

Have any of you mounted a red dot or similar optic using the Picatinny rail provided by Ruger on their 582 or 583?

I read, in one of the articles posted above, that at least one person was having an issue with ejected brass hitting the Ruger rail and getting stuck back in the closing bolt. They used a milling machine to create more of a cut-out on the rail which sounded like eliminated the problem.

He also said that cutting more out of the rail makes bolt removal easier!

Sounds like it will be easier to mount a scope using rings high enough to allow me to keep the iron sights installed. If I have an issue with the scope it will be easy to quickly remove it and go back to the iron sights!

Thanks for everyone's input!