Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

newbie reloading for Glock 22 40 S&W?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Don H, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I'm getting all my ducks in order and plan on purchasing a Dillon RL 550B. I'm doing a lot of research and recently saw a few discussions about problems with reloading the 40 S&W for a Glock. As a newbie, would that be the wrong first caliber to start with? I could also do 9mm or 45 acp but I'd really like advise on my Glock 22 40 S&W.

Any advise?

Thanks, guys!

don

2. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I've loaded thousands of 40 for my Glocks on my Dillon 550 and have never had any problems. I've loaded 9's and 45 and several other calibers. Only problem I had was with 9mm dies, took me forever to get the bullet depth and crimp just right. Personally I like loading the .40 just make sure your oal is within specs and you should be fine. Disclaimer: of course make sure everything else is within specs as well :)

3. M4 AR

M4 AR Ridgefield, Wa. Member

I load .40 for my Glock 22 &23. I haven't had any issues. Stay in specs, work the loads up and be patient.

4. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys! I'm going to get a lot of practise being patient while I'm waiting for the press to arrive. :)

Really appreciate your comments.