JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that I have your attention, hi there. I'm 24 and have never owned a gun. Not one. And I'm overdue. I've shot many times with many weapons (AK-47, AR-15, 12g, 9mm, .38, .22, .270) and have a simple understanding of how most weapons work and what they can do. I need a weapon light enough for hiking, but powerful enough to defend myself from black bears and coyotes. Am I going bear hunting? No, but I don't want him to go man hunting if you know what I mean. I'm currently considering revolvers or shotguns, preferably a used .357 6" barrel or bigger caliber, such as a .44, or a pump 12 gauge, with a 3-500 budget. Does this sound right? Some have told me .357 won't take a bear down. Please shed some of your vast weapon knowledge with an ignorant although eager redneck. Thanks. D

welcome to NWF ! well, it looks like your picken up on some info. already . i'm not to much into looken for bears, but your right, they mite be looken for you ! i'm always packen my 7 mm, but as a sidearm, i use a sig p 220 w/ hollow point . haven't had to use it yet, but one never knows ! plenty of good info. here, and some great people to work with !! enjoy yourself !!

steven

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR