JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that I have your attention, hi there. I'm 24 and have never owned a gun. Not one. And I'm overdue. I've shot many times with many weapons (AK-47, AR-15, 12g, 9mm, .38, .22, .270) and have a simple understanding of how most weapons work and what they can do. I need a weapon light enough for hiking, but powerful enough to defend myself from black bears and coyotes. Am I going bear hunting? No, but I don't want him to go man hunting if you know what I mean. I'm currently considering revolvers or shotguns, preferably a used .357 6" barrel or bigger caliber, such as a .44, or a pump 12 gauge, with a 3-500 budget. Does this sound right? Some have told me .357 won't take a bear down. Please shed some of your vast weapon knowledge with an ignorant although eager redneck. Thanks. D

welcome to NWF ! well, it looks like your picken up on some info. already . i'm not to much into looken for bears, but your right, they mite be looken for you ! i'm always packen my 7 mm, but as a sidearm, i use a sig p 220 w/ hollow point . haven't had to use it yet, but one never knows ! plenty of good info. here, and some great people to work with !! enjoy yourself !!

steven

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads