JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I guess they have mismanaged steelhead runs down into the crapper and there is no chance of us fishing for them ever again, I'm done with steelhead in this state!!! :s0057::s0057::s0057:

So I guess they have mismanaged steelhead runs down into the crapper and there is no chance of us fishing for them ever again, I'm done with steelhead in this state!!! :s0057::s0057::s0057:

I'm barely familiar with most of those names. Never been up there enough to know where most of them are. Sure a lot of rivers with funny names. ;) Would it have been better to list what was open? And NOT closed? Or is EVERY flowing, former steelhead holding, water closed to steelhead fishing? Looking on the map it looks like there are hatcheries that have been getting fish in the rivers? The fish huggers get hold up there and have hatchery plants cut way back? Like down here? Bet they didn't drop prices of the steelhead tags? :rolleyes:
I gave it all up down here. Lost the passion. And dealing with the NEW types of boater's and entitled guides.
It's a sad state we're in Jim.

I'm barely familiar with most of those names. Never been up there enough to know where most of them are. Sure a lot of rivers with funny names. ;) Would it have been better to list what was open? And NOT closed? Or is EVERY flowing, former steelhead holding, water closed to steelhead fishing? Looking on the map it looks like there are hatcheries that have been getting fish in the rivers? The fish huggers get hold up there and have hatchery plants cut way back? Like down here? Bet they didn't drop prices of the steelhead tags? :rolleyes:
I gave it all up down here. Lost the passion. And dealing with the NEW types of boater's and entitled guides.
It's a sad state we're in Jim.
Yeah they sound funny Mike, it's best to get around locals and hear how they pronounce them so you don't get laughed off the river. Lol
I have fished in this watershed for over 30 years and while there were some heydays, as of late it has not even been worth it for me too put my waiters on.
All of region 6 (Grays Harbor) is designated "no steelhead for you lowly subjects."
Most hatcheries are not getting very many fish and I'll give you this little tidbit, all of these rivers are covered by federal law allowing them to have gill nets in them. That's the biggest problem along with habitat destruction (housing/apartment construction) and too damn many people in this state!

Yeah they sound funny Mike, it's best to get around locals and hear how they pronounce them so you don't get laughed off the river. Lol
I have fished in this watershed for over 30 years and while there were some heydays, as of late it has not even been worth it for me too put my waiters on.
All of region 6 (Grays Harbor) is designated "no steelhead for you lowly subjects."
Most hatcheries are not getting very many fish and I'll give you this little tidbit, all of these rivers are covered by federal law allowing them to have gill nets in them. That's the biggest problem along with habitat destruction (housing/apartment construction) and too damn many people in this state!
I was looking at several of those rivers of Gray's Harbor and Willapa Bay. I presume that's Natives netting in Gray's?
I love the names of those places up here in The NW. I mean, how the heck does a person come up with Humptulips? Really? WA has or beat to hell on that I think!
I'm okay with the loss of standing in ice water up to the nads to not catch fish. That's a younger mans pleasure. The crowds had become bad, with less than courteous people. The boat was freedom, but the same thing was happening there. Got some mighty good memories and caught what seemed like a lot of fish for ourselves. And enough to share too! Though I've actually pondered going for springers in the Willamette again. Very easy fishery. The ramp is about 20 min from home. A large area with no crowding. A pleasure to fish even if you aren't catching. But there's a chance, if you properly spin the right color, size and flavor of herring!

Think about it, slowly say hump 2 lips… We named it screw mouth and a town not far away from there Tahola was named Two holer cuz it was a dump.
It has efinitely been a culture shift for the worse with the invention of cell phones, internet and rude Cali bois muscling in on my once secret honey holes. :s0054::s0054::s0054:
I'm done with it, gonna fish the super productive lake I've learned to catch not fish.
Then when I leave I'm gonna catch more crappie than any man ever seen… :cool:

We've been screwed for the last several years on coastal steelhead. It's on purpose. Don't expect any different this year. Wild Steelhead groups and left leaning politicians are trying to make meat fishing an impossibility.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top