JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shoulda beefed Saipan and Tinian up a long time ago--both were part of the trifecta of B-29 bases that laid waste to Japan right alongside Guam, and the atomic-bomb missions were all launched from Tinian.

Shoulda beefed Saipan and Tinian up a long time ago--both were part of the trifecta of B-29 bases that laid waste to Japan right alongside Guam, and the atomic-bomb missions were all launched from Tinian.
Guam was also used to stage B-52s out of for Vietnam
my fathers squadron was rotated there for a year back in the mid '60s
yet Guam didn't tip over with all those B-52s there

Guam was also used to stage B-52s out of for Vietnam
my fathers squadron was rotated there for a year back in the mid '60s
yet Guam didn't tip over with all those B-52s there
As a member of the B-52 community (before ADC, Grandpa did a tour with the 99th BW at Westover) I've had the chance to hear some Anderson stories that retired aircrew usually only tell amongst themselves.

I bought a one way plane ticket to Guam when I got out of high school. Worked at Windward Hills Golf Course. A year later I joined the Navy to get off of the island.

both were part of the trifecta of B-29 bases that laid waste to Japan right alongside Guam, and the atomic-bomb missions were all launched from Tinian.

not the first time that island has been used , it was used in WW2 for bombers to take off and bomb Japan with the A bombs
Yeah, but they didn't have to go thru a 10+ year permitting process to build an airstrip. Freakin' ridiculous.

Strategically speaking, I don't see the point. They are all part of the same island chain (Marianas). Close enough together that any missile strike that takes out one could just as easily take out the other. Sounds like a gift to some military contractor. If we were serious about alternatives, there is Wake Is. and also Midway. I'd spread things out a bit.

Oh, I forgot. Those belong to the birds now. :rolleyes:

Now there is something wrong with the world when the entire room doesn't laugh him completely OUT of the room and preferably pillory him and commence the fruiting..
When he did that I thought that top brass really did a great job of not falling out of his seat laughing at the fool. Years later that guy first tried to say he was joking, when that did not work he started calling this racism, that people were saying he was dumb. Better one was the Woman in Congress who asked the guy from NASA if they could drive that Mars Rover to the Flag Armstrong planted. :s0140:
Someone there had to explain to her we were never there it was the moon. Yet she gets elected again. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top