JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone my name is Izzy. Thanks for allowing me to join. I have a rifle and a shotgun. I am looking for a Springfield .45 with a 4 inch barrel (made before 2000). I am also looking for a Ruger 10/22. Looking forward to enjoying another outdoor activity and meeting new people. I also like camping, riding motorcycles, fishing, and photography.

I currently live in Portland, but I will be moving to Kelso Washington soon. Are there any outdoor shooting areas near Kelso?
IMG_1882.JPG

Last Edited:
Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

Nice photo. Just the right speed to make the water look real. A fair number of photographers on the forum. And lots of folks here are into camping. And even more who used to be when they were a tad younger.

Welcome Izzy

Once you get that 10/22 come out to the Rimfire Challenge meet that is shot at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. It's a bit of a drive but worth it.

Closer to Kelso:

Cowlitz Public Shooting Range in Castle Rock
Loan Oak Rifle & Pistol in Longview
Wolverton Mt. Gun Club in Ariel

The last two are private ranges but have events open to the public. The monthly speed steel practice at Wolverton is great!

You live under the Multnomah Falls?

Oy. Such noise, and all those people looking at you all the time.

No wonder you are going to Vashington.

Me, I'd move, also.

Ah, I should maybe mention a welcome?

So, a welcome.

Welcome Izzy

Once you get that 10/22 come out to the Rimfire Challenge meet that is shot at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. It's a bit of a drive but worth it.

Closer to Kelso:

Cowlitz Public Shooting Range in Castle Rock
Loan Oak Rifle & Pistol in Longview
Wolverton Mt. Gun Club in Ariel

The last two are private ranges but have events open to the public. The monthly speed steel practice at Wolverton is great!

Thanks for the information and the welcome!

No problem. I shoot both the Douglas Ridge and Wolverton matches. Check them out on their websites and if it sounds like something you want to do let me know and I can give you some tips (not that I'm any super expert) and we can be squadded together. I can introduce you around a bit that way.

Great folks at both venues.

No problem. I shoot both the Douglas Ridge and Wolverton matches. Check them out on their websites and if it sounds like something you want to do let me know and I can give you some tips (not that I'm any super expert) and we can be squadded together. I can introduce you around a bit that way.

Great folks at both venues.

What model Ruger should I get? A local store Northwest Armory has these on sale.

Capture.JPG

It all depends on the depth of your grey scale perception. Many dogs, for instance, would probably go for the lighter shade of stock present on the left-hand rifle, judging from the multivarious levels of grey-scale present. Humans, not so much.

Me, I'd give them both a miss, as they are both way too small for me - even accounting for a light degree of distortion, that left-hand rifle is still less than 1.5" long.

And here, on the off-chance that you might be an Irish speaker, is the same post as that above but in Irish -

Braitheann sé ar fad ar dhoimhneacht do thuairimí scála liath. Is dócha go dtiocfadh mórán madraí, mar shampla, ar scáth níos éadroime an stoic atá i láthair ar an raidhfil chlé, ag breithniú ar na leibhéil éagsúla i láthair liath. Le daoine, ní an oiread, 1.5 'ar fhad.

Sláinte.

Welcome to the northwest. Once you move out to Kelso, there is a road about 40 minutes west of Kelso on ocean beach called mill creek road. At the end of mill creek is a shooting spot that people go. It's public so, when you drive up there in the summer you will probably run into people but there are a few spots to go. You have about 300 yards to play with. You just need to get an adventure pass to go there. They're 30$ if I remember right, and then that gives you access to a lot of state parks as well.

Welcome to the northwest. Once you move out to Kelso, there is a road about 40 minutes west of Kelso on ocean beach called mill creek road. At the end of mill creek is a shooting spot that people go. It's public so, when you drive up there in the summer you will probably run into people but there are a few spots to go. You have about 300 yards to play with. You just need to get an adventure pass to go there. They're 30$ if I remember right, and then that gives you access to a lot of state parks as well.

I already have an adventure pass! I will take a look up there next weekend. Thanks for the info!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top