JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi,

I moved to Boise area from CA about 15 months ago. I had firearms when young, going shooting at the dumps frequently in my youth. In the Navy, they took us out on the fantail (back of the ship) gave us a shotgun or handgun and told us if we hit the water we were qualified. The only thing besides water was the ship and each other!

I started buying weapons when Obama was elected because that seemed like a prudent decision.

We finally left CA behind and are happy to find freedom, love of God and country and lower crime here in Idaho. I added a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) in 9mm (bought from Overland Arms; highly regarded vendor) shortly after getting here. My hands are arthritic and the soft shooting PCC doesn't hurt. I put a Hogue grip and a side-mounted light on it.

I looked at a few online forums before landing here and this forum seems to have the most current posts, so should be the most active. I'm starting to think about an AR-style rifle or bullpup shotgun since Obama's stooge is in office. Any advice is appreciated and I'll be lurking on the forums.
MidStar Firearms between Star and Middleton usually have a good selection. And there is a private range out in Emmett that costs about $50/yr to join.

Welcome, from another God-fearing Navy vet in Middleton. Moved here in January. Still trying to learn my way around, but making progress. I agree that MidStar Firearms seems to be a great shop. Haven't really explored Kuna, but there's plenty of choices in the area.

Hi,

I moved to Boise area from CA about 15 months ago. I had firearms when young, going shooting at the dumps frequently in my youth. In the Navy, they took us out on the fantail (back of the ship) gave us a shotgun or handgun and told us if we hit the water we were qualified. The only thing besides water was the ship and each other!
I was wondering what Navy combat training was like!

Welcome, from another God-fearing Navy vet in Middleton. Moved here in January. Still trying to learn my way around, but making progress. I agree that MidStar Firearms seems to be a great shop. Haven't really explored Kuna, but there's plenty of choices in the area.
Thanks for your service!

And the same goes for all the other vets on this board, of which I'm certain there are many!

Hi,

I started buying weapons when Obama was elected because that seemed like a prudent decision.

We finally left CA behind and are happy to find freedom, love of God and country and lower crime here in Idaho. I added a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) in 9mm (bought from Overland Arms; highly regarded vendor) shortly after getting here. My hands are arthritic and the soft shooting PCC doesn't hurt. I put a Hogue grip and a side-mounted light on it.

I looked at a few online forums before landing here and this forum seems to have the most current posts, so should be the most active. I'm starting to think about an AR-style rifle or bullpup shotgun since Obama's stooge is in office. Any advice is appreciated and I'll be lurking on the forums.
Welcome to the site. Glad to see antoher Navy man. I was in 73 - 77. As you can see I was a sonar tech. Stationed down in San Diego. When we were on WesPac they broke out the shotguns on the fantail too and threw clay pigons off the back. I hit 5 of 5. Next thing I knew I was on the landing party on the way over to Viet Nam.

Welcome to the site. Glad to see antoher Navy man. I was in 73 - 77. As you can see I was a sonar tech. Stationed down in San Diego. When we were on WesPac they broke out the shotguns on the fantail too and threw clay pigons off the back. I hit 5 of 5. Next thing I knew I was on the landing party on the way over to Viet Nam.
Thank you for your service, DG. I went in as you were getting out and was an ET. I had it really easy compared to guys like you when 'Nam was going and the guys recently with the desert wars. I have great respect for you and them and thank God for you all. Major props!

I was a FT(G) from '75-79 on the Camden AOE-2. Being in Weapons Division we're run the Fam Fires and shoot all day off the fantail. The M-60's were particularly fun to shoot.

I was a FT(G) from '75-79 on the Camden AOE-2. Being in Weapons Division we're run the Fam Fires and shoot all day off the fantail. The M-60's were particularly fun to shoot.
Thanks for your service! An oiler, right? Any big gun action? probably not on the oiler...

I was on the Yosemite AD-19. Commissioned in '45. No guns, just small arms. Capable of carrying nuclear weapons, so tight security watches. Out of Mayport, FL (jacksonville). Went up & down US east coast, into the Caribbean and a Med cruise. never any action anywhere. Got out in Lemoore, CA in 84

Thanks for your service! An oiler, right? Any big gun action? probably not on the oiler...

I was on the Yosemite AD-19. Commissioned in '45. No guns, just small arms. Capable of carrying nuclear weapons, so tight security watches. Out of Mayport, FL (jacksonville). Went up & down US east coast, into the Caribbean and a Med cruise. never any action anywhere. Got out in Lemoore, CA in 84
Ammunition Oiler, Yep a 795' supply ship you ever get bored look up the short film called Beans, bullets and black oil. My Nephew is an east coast ET on the Normandy right now. And thanks for your and everyone else's service.

Edited to add: The Sacramento AOE-1 was the Camdens east Coast sister ship.

Last Edited:
How ya doin?

Reaction GIF

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR