JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took the new Taurus 1911 ALR to the range today. Bought it yesterday at Keith's for $629.

Functioned flawlessly with 200 rounds of WWB, Blazer 230, and Lawman 200gr +P.

I can't be more pleased with the gun. I've had it apart several times and looked through the construction. I know there's a little MIM in there, but I can't see how it's going to create any problems yet.

Right away, I could see where my 10 yard group went down to a nice 3 inch circle. That's more a function of the wonderful 1911 trigger and weight, but I can tell the gun is a far better shot than I am.

Obviously, I'll report back as the round count grows, but so far I've been really impressed. I can't afford the 1911s my Dad owns and loves, but even he'll admit he can't rationalize ME spending much more than I did with the Taurus.

Here's a picture of the 1911 and the HK p30L...

4073791073_0985b29998_b.jpg

The 1911s that Taurus produces are great values. You get a lot of great features for the amount you spend. The aluminum frame is also very nice. I had one here for a while and I could feel the wt difference between it and my Colt. You bought a good looking piece.:s0155:

Thanks! I've had a bunch of rounds down the pipe now and still not a single issue. The lightweight seemed to be a benefit until I put the +P hollowpoints in. With less weight to move, they really smack your hand... not a big deal.

Still love this thing!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads