JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took the new Taurus 1911 ALR to the range today. Bought it yesterday at Keith's for $629.

Functioned flawlessly with 200 rounds of WWB, Blazer 230, and Lawman 200gr +P.

I can't be more pleased with the gun. I've had it apart several times and looked through the construction. I know there's a little MIM in there, but I can't see how it's going to create any problems yet.

Right away, I could see where my 10 yard group went down to a nice 3 inch circle. That's more a function of the wonderful 1911 trigger and weight, but I can tell the gun is a far better shot than I am.

Obviously, I'll report back as the round count grows, but so far I've been really impressed. I can't afford the 1911s my Dad owns and loves, but even he'll admit he can't rationalize ME spending much more than I did with the Taurus.

Here's a picture of the 1911 and the HK p30L...

4073791073_0985b29998_b.jpg

The 1911s that Taurus produces are great values. You get a lot of great features for the amount you spend. The aluminum frame is also very nice. I had one here for a while and I could feel the wt difference between it and my Colt. You bought a good looking piece.:s0155:

Thanks! I've had a bunch of rounds down the pipe now and still not a single issue. The lightweight seemed to be a benefit until I put the +P hollowpoints in. With less weight to move, they really smack your hand... not a big deal.

Still love this thing!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads