JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen so many bogus studies, it would be hard to trust these folks any more. Gary Kleck reviewed a bunch of them in his book Point Blank, and very few conform to reasonable scientific standards. If Lott came out with this, I'd be more likely to believe it.

The fact they focus on "gun deaths" rather than all violent deaths is another clue this is a bogus one. What, do people killed with knives and hammers not matter? If a killer cannot get a gun, he will stab his victim.

The other big problem is that these studies always assume things will continue on as before - they take no account of revolution or civil war. Government could ban guns completely and gun deaths would go down, but that does not mean it's a good thing to be disarmed when revolution comes around.

Botton line, this is just another bid to push universal background checks AKA registration. It would be wise for gun owners not to be taken in by this. It's not for our protection they are doing this.

First of all I do not agree with background checks or most any other gun law for that matter. They are the first form of registration why else do you need make, model and serial number (o ya to save the children! it has not worked yet).

Can you show me where the founding fathers had to have one and if they did I am sure they would have failed it after all they were considered terrorist to the British government. Just like many American folks now are according to the 2009 DHS report.

Man has been killing man from day one and will not stop until all man is gone from the face of the earth so until you ban man it will continue. I am not the most religious person in the world but if I understand correctly God gave man free will and this free will allows humans to do extreme good, extreme evil or something in between so until you change man's heart you're not going to stop evil.

If I also read correctly in news articles the last batch of mass shootings a back ground check would and did not stop it from happening. The shooter either passed the check or the person they got the gun from passed so what did it stop, Nothing!

Please do not get me wrong I do not like the killing anymore than anybody else but these feel good measures will stop nothing as it did not stop the Paris attacks and they already have all this BS and more. Even England has been having a rash of shootings over the last 6 months and to top that they even have a worse knife problem.

So personally I will do my best to fight every law to punish the honest person so an anti will feel good that they did something that they even have admitted will not stop much of anything.

But then I believe in freedom and I do not feel it is worth giving up any liberty for the false hope of security.

Knife problem England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7421534.stm

DHS report home grown Rightwing Extremism

http://fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR