JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just another polymer 9. I'm not sure this offers anything at all to set it apart from the competition. Though I'll reserve further judgement for when I get one in my hands.

Almost everything you need right there. Other than it not accepting Glock mags!

Just another polymer 9. I'm not sure this offers anything at all to set it apart from the competition.
The modular FCU is a huge step up in design, and the milled slide accepts virtually all optics without adapter plates. These are huge improvements over the average polymer 9.

The modular FCU is a huge step up in design, and the milled slide accepts virtually all optics without adapter plates. These are huge improvements over the average polymer 9.
P320 already does modularity and while the optics thing is nice, it's not really something I see as a huge advantage on the sales floor. Not everyone uses optics

P320 already does modularity and while the optics thing is nice, it's not really something I see as a huge advantage on the sales floor. Not everyone uses optics
When the 320 came out I "just knew" its modularity would be the future of handguns. Its been a slow crawl I admit, maybe theres some patent that needed to expire or something. I feel the same way about handgun optics... like early rifle scopes many questiond those as well. I just think that these features have way more advantages and will catch on. The biggest hangup with optics has been the lack of standardizing how they mount. Springfield tackled that quite nicely until they do.
These are huge benefits to future gun owners and Springfield hit 2 nails home in one hammer.

If you're looking at the market and realize there are more and more young shooters out there that see an optic as "expected" when they buy a handgun, combined with the fact you can market to older-eyes that can't see the front sight as well, you are planning forward to success. And while you may not convince "old farts" that intuitively use actual sights to get into optics, we are not the future of firearm use beyond 2025.

I'm both an "old fart" and a red-dot-convert. It took some patience, but I'm now able to shoot better and quicker with a red dot.

Even Glock has changed lost of their handgun line to include MOS features, so there's something to it.

Seems many of you disagree with me and think this gun is just the bee's knees so I'll let you guys buy em up. My statement was that I don't see an advantage on the sales floor and I'm sticking to it. It's just another polymer 9.

Seems many of you disagree with me and think this gun is just the bee's knees so I'll let you guys buy em up. My statement was that I don't see an advantage on the sales floor and I'm sticking to it. It's just another polymer 9.
I don't think it will be an overnight success but I agree with @robertvarner that this is the direction of younger future generation guns. Its harder for older/experienced gun owners to buy the latest greatest because we reach a point of being fully invested in a decent collection. Imagine if you were just starting out, can barely afford a nice gun and could only buy one... a modular design becomes way more attractive let alone one that accepts any optic.

I don't think it will be an overnight success but I agree with @robertvarner that this is the direction of younger future generation guns. Its harder for older/experienced gun owners to buy the latest greatest because we reach a point of being fully invested in a decent collection. Imagine if you were just starting out, can barely afford a nice gun and could only buy one... a modular design becomes way more attractive let alone one that accepts any optic.
I guess the world has passed me by and I just don't see it :s0092:

They should have priced it about $100 lower. That would put it in Glock range, where it would totally eat that their lunch, and make it so noticeably lower than the Sig 320 that anyone on the fence would probably go for the Springfield.

^this.
If you're buying your first gun and you see yourself maybe sometime adding an optic, then a slide that accepts just about any without having to add plate is appealing. Sig has shown the appeal of modular Lego pistols and it's been a boon to aftermarket manufacturers too.

I heard/read somewhere that this has the mag catch come as part of the frame, so you could make a Glock, or 320 compatible version of the lower.

After shooting a few steel challenge matches I noticed the best iron sight shooter would usually place around 8th among the carry optics guys. This is true nationwide. "I checked scores" I fought the optics thing for years until recently. It's just so much faster.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top