JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been killing clay pigeons for years with shotguns and just recently decided to become more proficient with a pistol. So I picked up a Ruger SR9 and then came a CZ75B. Since then I geared up to start reloading brass and have caught the shooting bug. I would eventually like to get involved with USPSA/IPSC but first would like to polish my skills a little before I go and shoot a match.

I'm a member of DRRC and looking for others to start shooting with. Also, I see tons of classes for beginning pistol around town, but they seem to be more geared towards operation and safe handling of a firearm. I have all that down, i'm looking for more of a marksmanship or dynamic shooting class. Around here they seem somewhat tough to come by. Does anyone know of any kind of marksmanship classes around town or any practice groups that get together regularly?

Thanks all for your time!

Gadget, you don't say just how long you have been shooting pistol. Tri-Counties has steel challenges, and you might look at Albany Rifle & Pistol for upcoming matches.

I've been shooting pistol regularly for the past six months. I've been averaging about 750-1000 rounds a month since then. It's a lot more fun to shoot with friends than by yourself... Hence the thread. I will be making the match rounds to TC,ARP, and DRRC now that my work schedule has my weekends free!

I participated in the last metallic silhouette match that DRRC had. What a great experience!! Got to meet a bunch of really nice guys, and even got to shoot some guns that I have only seen in magazines or online. I managed 20/40 on my first try. I think I did quite well for being the FNG! 5 200 yard rams got away, but the other five went down with a wonderful clang!

I moved out here seven years ago from Montana, and the best way I found to make new friends to shoot with was to just get out to the matches and shoot. Although I'm not an ardent pistolero, I shoot target rifle alot, from BPCR Long Range at Bend and some casual high power stuff. I used to shoot the Schuetzen matches at EEGC until they quit hosting those, but I've met alot of shooters from all over the region. I'm in the middle of a move to the Vancouver area at the moment, so I'll get to meet new folks up there now. Clark Rifles has a three year wait to get into the cub, but I'll still get out on their public Sundays to shoot and meet folks. It aounds like you indeed had a good time and scored well for a newbie! Congrats!

Gadget Geek,
I'll go shooting with you sometime. Hit me up by PM. I'm member at TCGC and can get you in there as a guest. I have some steel plates we can go shoot in the action bays. And I'd REALLY like to shoot some clays but don't have a shotgun. Do you still have a shotgun you can give me some tips? Anyway, hit me up. Evenings/weekends are best for me.
-Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top