JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a blem Vortex 6-24x50 Diamondback from Joe Bob. Figured a scratch wasn't much to worry about.
Loosely install it and go to level it and it looks like a banana.
After looking it over it's bent at the magnification ring.
Vortex was pretty quick to respond in a few minutes with a pre-paid lable so that's cool.
Hopefully I don't have to wait too long to get it back.
After looking around with it I'm happy with it other than being bent.
It may work just fine the way it is but it looks off and bugs the crap out of me.

That's what you get for buying a Chinese scope from a discount retailer

Kidding. Glad warranty was so easy
Not made in China and not a discount retailer. Vortex sells only optics. Their scopes are made in Malaysia. Their guarantee is lifetime, no questions asked, and transferrable, so even if you bought it second hand they will warranty your scope, even if you just decide you don't like it. I have never heard of them refusing to fix or replace something they sold. About 90% of the time they replace with new or better items. They are doing their best to differentiate themselves from the Chinese discount retailers.

Not made in China and not a discount retailer. Vortex sells only optics. Their scopes are made in Malaysia. Their guarantee is lifetime, no questions asked, and transferrable, so even if you bought it second hand they will warranty your scope, even if you just decide you don't like it. I have never heard of them refusing to fix or replace something they sold. About 90% of the time they replace with new or better items. They are doing their best to differentiate themselves from the Chinese discount retailers.
yes.

This one is having an Identity crisis.
It has a large sticker with made in China on it.

Fun fact..
Primary Arms scopes are made in the same factory with a lot of the same parts and assembled by the same people.

All I wanted was stupid barrel and just had to see what scopes they had as I was in the market for a better scope.
I was looking at this one pretty hard.

But Joe Bob had the Vortex BLEMISHED for $350 so I tossed it in the cart as shipping was $4.50 and I would have it in time to go sight it in this weekend.

Not so sure $50 is worth the hassle but oh well I'm in it now.

Fun fact..
Primary Arms scopes are made in the same factory with a lot of the same parts and assembled by the same people.
And you can get many of them with the same ACSS reticle as used by the Trijicon ACOG. The reticle is a Primary Arms design they license to Trijicon.

All I wanted was stupid barrel and just had to see what scopes they had as I was in the market for a better scope.
I was looking at this one pretty hard.

But Joe Bob had the Vortex BLEMISHED for $350 so I tossed it in the cart as shipping was $4.50 and I would have it in time to go sight it in this weekend.

Not so sure $50 is worth the hassle but oh well I'm in it now.
Arken has some great reviews. Check this out by Rex Tibor, who gets a bit surprised when he compares it to some very high end glass.

It also comes in a higher magnification for just a bit more.

As long as the company lasts. Vortex has been in business for 17 years.

Leupold OTOH has been in business for 114 years. Burris for 50 years.

Just saying - lifetime means the lifetime of the company backing the warranty. If one is going to count on a warranty they have to to consider whether the company will still be around when they need service.

Fun fact..
Yep - that's because there's only so many scope manufacturers and builders. It's the same in the camera lens world. It all comes down to the manufacturing tolerances allowed for each part And assembly.

The stuff coming out of Japan is held to a higher standard than the Philippines which are held higher than Chinese. Even within the same factory, one brand could force work within tighter tolerances, increasing the cost but also guaranteeing a better product.

Not sure where you're getting this information. I know they have products made in China. Philippines, Japan, and some made overseas but assembled in the US .

The vortex Diamondback is made in China. But you are correct, they do have a lifetime warranty.

db1.jpg

As long as the company lasts. Vortex has been in business for 17 years.

Leupold OTOH has been in business for 114 years. Burris for 50 years.

Just saying - lifetime means the lifetime of the company backing the warranty. If one is going to count on a warranty they have to to consider whether the company will still be around when they need service.
Longer if you count their sister company Eagle Optics.

I believe historically, It was Eagle Optics in the early 1990s. Instead of tarnishing their birdwatching binocular name with firearms related products, they created Vortex. Unfortunately, their Vortex marketing team out sold their Eagle marketing team. So it just became Vortex, even though they were the same binoculars when comparing comparable binoculars models.

All Eagle Optics warranty now go to Vortex.

Arken has some great reviews. Check this out by Rex Tibor, who gets a bit surprised when he compares it to some very high end glass.

It also comes in a higher magnification for just a bit more.
I'm subbed to his channel and started looking into them when he posted that.
I had been looking at the PA 4-16x44 scope before that.

Ah, does it really matter where it was made (in regards to the problem)? Send it in, they'll send you back a new one. Easy fix here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top