JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Forum,

My first post and introduction is a question. I have a box of 100 .45 bullets for reloading that I'm unable to track down.
They are made by a company in TX that I believe no longer exists, called Southwest Products Inc., Rt. 4 Box 90, San Antonio TX (no zip code on box - maybe prior to the use of zip codes?). Although the bullets are in pristine condition, it is easy to determine that they are quite old. They are 185 gr. SWC and have solid copper plates on the bottom of the bullet. I'm unable to find any info. at all on these...ever heard of them? Thanks!

SW ProductsSecalloy.jpg

SecalloyFortyFive.jpg

well the copper plate is a gas check, not sure why a .45 would have gas checks on them unless they are super soft, or if they are intended to be loaded hot.. or maybe in 45 Long colt. What is the actual dia. on them? .451,.452, .454? Id load a couple and check your barrel for leading, might be great bullets!

I'm not sure as to the exact diameter. Neither the included paperwork (load data) or the box has that information. I have a .45, but I've never fired it and keep it only for collection purpose, so I don't plan on loading them up. Plus, they must be pretty rare! I've scoured the internet, posted questions online and asked many about them in person and nobody's ever heard of them. If I ever get down San Antonio way, I'll take them along and check in with the historical society. These are really old and the address on the box doesn't even exist anymore. The company name comes back to a residential address in San Antonio. They do look like great bullets though. They are cast lead and have quite a shine to them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top