JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to live on the other coast and would use the Northeast Shooters website and loved it, so when I moved to WA I went looking for a similar community. Shortly after I got here they changed the law to where you can not sell your firearms in WA but does that mean you can't give them away or trade them? Let's say you had a rifle you wanted 2000 dollars for but maybe you would trade for 1 oz of gold, is that still legal? Also If anyone is near Bremerton and wants to go shooting let's go practice our skills, I don't know many people out here but I am always down to shoot, or maybe hike, camp, and shoot.

No law that I know of says you can't sell your firearm. You do need to go through an FFL to do the transfer. You can sell a gun for whatever you want, be it gold, silver, or watermelons. The FFL does not get involved in that part of the transfer.

I'm not a lawyer nor is this advice….

I'll take it for 16 watermelons….. BIG ONES

I think the caveat here is selling stuff against the new AWB…. High cap mags, AR/AK Type semi autos, threaded barrels serialized to a firearm. That's all fairly recent.

An FFL should be federally the same everywhere…. At least to my understanding. They are supposed to take possession of it during BGCs…

Welcome to the West… coast.

There are restrictions against the transfer of certain types of firearms and magazines in WA. No general prohibitions on selling firearms. Washington's FFL transfer requirement for two WA residents is different than other states' and the federal requirement. There are various exceptions. For example, Oregon's laws are different on two OR residents than WA's are for two WA residents.

No I live in WA and want a 300 blackout sig spear and wondering if I could buy somones used one, and if you can not "buy" one here in WA maybe trade somone. I didn't see anything about not being able to gift your rifle. It sounds like I might have to wait till this law get over turned or just move

No I live in WA and want a 300 blackout sig spear and wondering if I could buy somones used one, and if you can not "buy" one here in WA maybe trade somone. I didn't see anything about not being able to gift your rifle. It sounds like I might have to wait till this law get over turned or just move
Sadly no. Unless we beat the new law back anyone who already had one here can keep it, for now. You can't legally buy or import one to the state. Now of course a LOT of people are going to just do some other way to get around this and most of them will live happily ever after BUT, they are playing with fire. If for any reason they get "found out" chances are they will at best lose the gun. At worst end up with a VERY expensive legal battle they better be able to afford. Hopefully more gun owners will learn to vote and vote well. If not we are FAR from done here with the insane laws. Laws that do nothing to criminal scum, only the law abiding are harmed.

Sadly no. Unless we beat the new law back anyone who already had one here can keep it, for now. You can't legally buy or import one to the state. Now of course a LOT of people are going to just do some other way to get around this and most of them will live happily ever after BUT, they are playing with fire. If for any reason they get "found out" chances are they will at best lose the gun. At worst end up with a VERY expensive legal battle they better be able to afford. Hopefully more gun owners will learn to vote and vote well. If not we are FAR from done here with the insane laws. Laws that do nothing to criminal scum, only the law abiding are harmed.
Agreed. Not worth it even if you're a risk taker. Just so you know, and I'm not making judgements, it's also against the forum rules to ask someone to break the law or help you break the law. I'm not suggesting that you plan to, but I am suggesting that you don't.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

1698383993030.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews