JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum but I have lived in Hillsboro for many years, but we're moving. I am married to my wife of 10 years and we have 3 kids. I didn't grow up around firearms, but have found them to be something I am very interested in and I'm up to 7 now :)

9mm XDM
9mm XDS (my carry)
9MM S&W Shield (wife's carry)
Mossberg 500 12 gauge
Savage 16 Trophy Hunter XP .308
AR-15 built by Rogue Defense
Ruger 10/22

Within the next month we'll be relocating to Ridgefield WA so I'll be looking for lots of advice on new places to explore and go shooting. I've never been hunting, my father failed me (his father failed him) but it is something I'd love to give a shot (no pun intended). Looking for people who might be willing to teach and otherwise hang out with, maybe have a BBQ from time to time.

Welcome!

Your timing is a little bad with all the negitive press going on but the people on this forum are great folks.

I also was screwed over by my elders and never was taught to hunt (although I grew up target shooting). I'll tell you now that it has been one of the hardest things I've personally tried to get into (and I'm a hobby nut job). People who have spots do not really want to advertise them and in the last 2 years of trying to hunt (I'm still a hiker with a rifle) I have only found one simi experienced hunter to go out in the field with. (And I'm almost 40)

Do all the research you can, I have found the more I know the more receptive real hunters are to me.

I am right about where the 2 major freeways converge so if nothing else we could take a ride out to some forestry lands and BS about life. I may not be able to afford tags this year but if I can then I am always looking for a hunting partner.

Welcome aboard! You found a good place here! Great folks with a lot of passion, great advice, and good conversation! Hunting is going to be a big challenge, but it can be done successfully if you ask the questions, take the time to read up and spend the time in the wilds! If I were still in the P.N.W. I would love to help get you started! Same with fishing! Alas, unless you take a trip south east, I can only advise from afar! Best of luck to you and your family, and once again, Welcome!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top