JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well … I went back in the archives and discovered I didn't post any info on myself when I joined on 9/11/2014. Maybe I better do that!
I started getting interested in firearms when I got married and my father-in-law introduced me to reloading. Also was introduced to deer hunting and then to muzzle loading, before that I just hunted quail and rabbit with my dad.
My father-in-law and myself with 9 other guys formed the Owl Creek Gun Club in 1968 and it still is active today. Himself and I are the only Charter members left. The club was mainly pistol shooters shooting the NRA 300 match. He also introduced us to muzzleloading and that changed things a lot. Both of us shot them competively for years.
I was also instrumental in forming the Missouri Off Hand Association for muzzle loading shoots. It involved 12 clubs and 21 shoots a year. Got real big with 150+ shooters joining at it's peak but has fallen to just a few in the past couple of years. Sad.
I have quit shooting because of health and knee problems but still love the sport.
That's some of my story and I'm sticking to it!! :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews