JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well … I went back in the archives and discovered I didn't post any info on myself when I joined on 9/11/2014. Maybe I better do that!
I started getting interested in firearms when I got married and my father-in-law introduced me to reloading. Also was introduced to deer hunting and then to muzzle loading, before that I just hunted quail and rabbit with my dad.
My father-in-law and myself with 9 other guys formed the Owl Creek Gun Club in 1968 and it still is active today. Himself and I are the only Charter members left. The club was mainly pistol shooters shooting the NRA 300 match. He also introduced us to muzzleloading and that changed things a lot. Both of us shot them competively for years.
I was also instrumental in forming the Missouri Off Hand Association for muzzle loading shoots. It involved 12 clubs and 21 shoots a year. Got real big with 150+ shooters joining at it's peak but has fallen to just a few in the past couple of years. Sad.
I have quit shooting because of health and knee problems but still love the sport.
That's some of my story and I'm sticking to it!! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top