JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi I'm Steve, I live in Eugene.
I was born and raised in England, served in the British Army and Royal Air Force as an infantry officer.

I'm expanding my collection and have a long wish list, including a British L1A1 SLR.

Met some nice folks on hear already and found an awesome FFL/Class 3 dealer to work with.

El-Cid Rocks!

:s0112:

Hi I'm Steve, I live in Eugene.
I was born and raised in England, served in the British Army and Royal Air Force as an infantry officer.

I'm expanding my collection and have a long wish list, including a British L1A1 SLR.

Met some nice folks on hear already and found an awesome FFL/Class 3 dealer to work with.

El-Cid Rocks!

:s0112:

WOW,

Thank you so much.

And welcome to the boards....

Hope the ATF wait isn't TOO long for you.

;)

get any trigger time on other stuff like the L4A2? Or the L2A3?

Or the L7A2?

I love the L1A1 rifle series. There was a pure original Title 1 L1A1 at the SAR show in Phoenix for 3500. It was new in the MOD plastic box with 2 mags, the bayonet and instruction manual for the L2A2 Trilux scope with the scope and mount included. The tritium is dead of course.

Funny story on that rifle. Nobody wanted to touch it but after I talked with the head of the Tech branch of the ATF, he even agreed that they would lose on the once a machine gun always a machine gun rule because the L1A1 was never fielded in any army as a machine gun even in Aussie land, New Zealand, Canada or even the UK and its commonwealth allies.

NEVER.

Very good price for a matching numbered upper and lowered L1A1 like it left the Enfield factory in 61.

Welcome to the board.

I own 4 L1A1 clones all Aussie rifles. 1 is original receiver on Eden Arms import built on parts kits and the rest are Entreprise L1A1 built on their kits.

get any trigger time on other stuff like the L4A2? Or the L2A3?

Or the L7A2?
Ha as a matter of fact I do.
I started as an Army cadet in school, age 12. Our primary weapon was the Lee Enfield No. 4 Rifle in .303
Here's a pic from a school "open day" demo. I'm kneeling and pointing.

Our school armory also had a Bren Mk IV in .303

The replacement for the Lee Enfield was the L98A1 Cadet GP rifle. A Bolt action version of the L85A1 (SA80)

I also got the opportunity on summer training camps to fire the L1A1, L2A3 Sterling and L7A2

I went on to join the OTC when I went to college and for a couple years our issue service rifle was the L1A1 SLR. My favorite of all the weapons I used in the service. We also used the 7.62mm Bren - the L4A3.

In 1994 we got the L85A1 and L86A1 weapons to replace the aging L1A1 and Bren.
I continued using these weapons through the rest of my time in the OTC, and then during my RAF service too.

They are just beautiful rifles. I just dig the way the limeys built their rifles.

Entreprise Arms is building ORIGINAL L1A1 Cut receivers with all the numbers and cuts just like a L1A1 that left the factory.

Coming soon.

Thanks for the photos.

Your Royal Marines came to Hungary when I was in the service there so that is how I discovered the L1A1 and the other series.

I loved firing that L1A1, when I came back from Europe I bought two of the L1A1 kits from Century for 125 bucks. I have one built and I still have that kit.
It has the ultra rare Hysynthe tritium sites on it and mines still glows.

5057466022-big.jpg

Those damn limey marines....dude can sure drink their weight I must admit.

thanks for the tip on the Enterprise Arms receiver. I need to learn more about kits and pros and cons.
Ah the BRD is spreading...

Anotehr option is the DS Arms but it only has the cut as the Australian L1A1 not the UK version.

Best to start on a parts kit right now.....they go from 300-500 or more for a perfect condition.

Or you can build it from parts and pieces at DEALERS WAREHOUSE in California.

They have ALL of the parts you need but in the end getting this way cost you almost 600 bucks but then again.. its ALL BRAND FRIGGING NEW parts.

Or you can get the Aussie parts kit for 200-300 without the barrel and then hunt for the barrel later.

I recommend FALFILES.com they have a big resource on the L1A1 series rifle.

I am on there as RUDOLF....and it's a great forum to learn on getting it started.

You would be like the second person I know of UK origin that got into SLR rifles.

My cousin is married to an Irish guy who serviced in the UK army also, I think either the ColdStream Guards or one of those that did service in N IReland.

either way.....he got so addicted to the L1A1 that he even got his Service number on the issued rifle reproduced.

I saw his kit one time and he had the pattern 58 LBE, the bayonet and including the DPM and his boots.

When the California AW ban hit...He went and got out two more kits and two more receivers and he built those also.....

When riots and crap hit Southern California...it is nice to know that I have a Cousin in law who's gonna be raising havoc with his Radway Green issued 308 ammo in bandoleers and his SLR rifle.

It just looks mean and to me what a rifleman should look like and use.

I can't help it dude but the L1A1 SLR to me is just DAMN sexy......and my girlfriend might think it weird but.....I just love the looks of it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top