JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Round two - my hunting partner bought an EABCO PeepRib for his new Traditions Strikerfire. We were going to mount his new sight and sight his gun in on my range this morning. The torx head mounting screws included with the Peeprib are the wrong diameter for the tapped holes in the barrel. The package said it was for Traditions muzzle loaders. Of course all businesses with gun screws are closed today for holiday and between the two of us spare parts could not come up with the correct screws. Hell, I even considered taking scopes off my other guns if I thought the screws would work.
My question is concerning muzzle loaders and after market parts; do any of the companies actually check to see if the parts work? We're running out of time with December 2 muzzle loader elk season coming up. This road I'm currently on is certainly full of potholes. Is all of muzzle loading this hard???

All Muzzleloading is not as difficult as the troubles you are having....If you ever want to experience or get advice on a traditional or antique muzzleloader...let me know.
They aren't near as bothersome as the modern inlines ...at least in my experience.

I do hope you get your rifle issues sorted out in time for your elk season...
Andy
Edit to note ...
Please understand that I am not trash talking your inline rifle... I just wanted to point out that not all muzzleloading rifles and gear are as troublesome as they may seem at the moment.
I really do hope you get the problem fixed and you enjoy hunting and shooting with your rifle.

Last Edited:
Thanks Andy, I do look forward to successful muzzle loader hunting. I'm trying to not sound like a whiner. I was going to buy a traditional muzzle loader but got talked out of it/internetted out of it. Between my gun and my partners gun I've shot over 70 shots ML and quite enjoy it.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top