JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to forum and found via reddit pdxgunnuts.

A year ago, my gun experience was limited to going to range once with friend. I had already been concerned by increased number of meth zombies in Portland. Covid sharply increased the homeless and crazies roaming streets. I decided to learn more about guns and possibly conceal carry. Then rioting started.

I wasn't sure I would turn into total gun nut and I'm fairly small so i ended up getting Glock 42 as first gun. Within few months, I've added Glock 19, Glock 48, CZ Scorpion and IWI Zion-15.

Hope it's not against the rules but i wanted to give shout out to Keith's in Gresham. Great store. They don't seem to price gouge.

Welcome to the club. I am fairly small/slim as well (not as slim as I'd like....but that's a different story). Anyway, I found I can appendix carry the G19 without too much issue. Even jump in and out of the truck without it pinching or poking too much. Good luck, it looks like you have a nice start with firearms.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

thx for Trash No Land link.

Welcome to the club. I am fairly small/slim as well (not as slim as I'd like....but that's a different story). Anyway, I found I can appendix carry the G19 without too much issue. Even jump in and out of the truck without it pinching or poking too much. Good luck, it looks like you have a nice start with firearms.
I got G19 and G48 at about same time. My current plan is G42 when I'm wearing minimal clothing and G48 when I'm wearing more than t-shirt and shorts. I've only tried it around the house since I'm still waiting for conceal carry license ( submitted online application late November, had in person appointment late Feb ).

A year ago, my gun experience was limited to going to range once with friend. I had already been concerned by increased number of meth zombies in Portland. Covid sharply increased the homeless and crazies roaming streets. I decided to learn more about guns and possibly conceal carry. Then rioting started.

I wasn't sure I would turn into total gun nut and I'm fairly small so i ended up getting Glock 42 as first gun. Within few months, I've added Glock 19, Glock 48, CZ Scorpion and IWI Zion-15.

Hope it's not against the rules but i wanted to give shout out to Keith's in Gresham. Great store. They don't seem to price gouge.
Welcome, I'm with you on the concerns in PDX. Just saw this this morning https://www.kptv.com/news/homeowner...21PMqoG4-axP_vLurhI42p8pVVAXG-boEFTBktQKvBHVo

raf,750x1000,075,t,e5d6c5-f62bbf65ee.jpg

Sounds like you need an AK. Once you go combloc you then go captialist :).... . Welcome to the forum

Last Edited:

Totally agree - great place and I bought my Sako S20 there for $200 less than Cabela's was/is asking. The gentleman who helped me with my purchase spent a solid hour showing me various rifles and explaining pros/cons of each one. There's always a line, but it's worth the wait.

Welcome to the forum!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top