JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello members,

I have returned to shooting after a long break. During the last year my wife Dede and I have enjoyed target shooting off Hwy. 26. Is there still a clean up scheduled for the Wolf Creek area? If so, my wife and I would like to attend. Sounds like this group is a good place to get connected with responsible shooters. Hope to meet some of you this year.

James

Welcome to the site! I also go shooting out west off 26, sometimes up Wolf Creek or over on the Timber side. I also go out behind Yamhill up by the reservoir, some nice long lanes up there. Look forward to seeing y'all out there sometime!

Nice to hear from someone in our area. We might check out the Yamhill site sometime, but we only shoot defense pistol so we are careful not to take up long range space.

I have several great pistol spots out that way, the other really nice thing about the Yamhill area I go is that of the dozens of times I have been up there, I have yet to come up on anyone shooting or had anyone come up on me while shooting. It seems to be much less popular / populated area, although I know others go shooting there because I pick up their garbage when I find it. My wife and I go shooting 1-2 times a month, usually on Thursdays or Sundays (my days off) and we would welcome another couple to practice with. We always bring the pistols, but I like to make some noise with the .50BMG from time to time as well. Hard to find long lanes for it but I am always willing to waste a couple rounds just to hear and feel it... like having a stick of dynamite go off next to your head!

Thanks for the info! My wife is a new shooter and still a bit timid about guns. Going out on public lands has been perfect so I can do a lot of personal instruction with her. She would be nervous around other shooters, but we have talked about finding other couples to shoot with for saftey reasons. We also try to go out at least once a month. We set up four or five human size targets and call out different ones for each other to hit. Personal defense is our primary reason for practice.

It sounds like your wife and mine are very similar in their experience and comfort levels. I have been shooting since I was a kid, she started after we got married. She is also timid around other shooters she doesn't know, but I keep telling her that the only way to get over that is to meet a few other like-minded people she can get comfortable around. I look forward to getting out there some time next month, hopefully they don't close down the spots due to fire... Wolf Creek Rd was closed last weekend for that reason.

It sounds like your wife and mine are very similar in their experience and comfort levels. I have been shooting since I was a kid, she started after we got married. She is also timid around other shooters she doesn't know, but I keep telling her that the only way to get over that is to meet a few other like-minded people she can get comfortable around. I look forward to getting out there some time next month, hopefully they don't close down the spots due to fire... Wolf Creek Rd was closed last weekend for that reason.
I sent you a private message about getting together. Let me know if you received it. Not sure if I did it right. Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top