JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone,

New to the area and just found this forum luckily. I Lived in South Florida for the past 20 years and am seeing tons of differences here. I look forward to many range trips, once I find one, and am able to get the buying process down over here

Cheers

Welcome, what prompted the move from the opposite end of the country?

Life. December everything I knew got completely flipped upside down after the loss of the only family member I had and by far the closest person to me. It was best for me to relocate and I figured why not use the opportunity to go somewhere I've never been to and this was the furthest I could think of

Definitely a different world out here but everythings is nice so far

Life. December everything I knew got completely flipped upside down after the loss of the only family member I had and by far the closest person to me. It was best for me to relocate and I figured why not use the opportunity to go somewhere I've never been to and this was the furthest I could think of

Definitely a different world out here but everythings is nice so far

I am sorry for your loss. My wife and I arent in Portland but if you even want to grab a beer or go for a shoot man we are happy to show you around.

Right now im just looking for a recreational area, once I'm all settled ill be looking for a club

Better off IMO joining a range.

Safe areas to shoot can be challenging to find, particularly if trying for convenience to any metro area.

If up Portland way, consider looking into Douglas Ridge or Tri County. Both may likely be wait listed anyways.

Out towards the Coast off of the 26 is North Fork Wolf Creek rd public shooting lanes. Put together by some members on here along with Tillamook State Forest. Very nice lanes!! But being only 4 are pretty busy on weekends, especially if nice out.

Use your due diligence if you still want to find other public lands to shoot on.

It's quite common up there for public lands to be leased for forestry harvest, may be posted/signed, may not be (nozzlers tearing signs down). Signed or not, if it's leased, those areas are almost always a no go zone for shooting sports. Will get you a visit from Sherrif / ODFW etc. No bueno!

If you think you might be spending time out towards Bend, COSSA is supposed to be a pretty decent range as well. Aside from Douglas Ridge rifle club, one of the few ranges that goes out to 1000yd.

If you think you may move a touch South in the Valley, ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol) in Shedd OR (Just S of Albany), is a fantastic range! Limited to 200 for distance, but plenty of pistol bays to do work in. Far more "relaxed rules", ie OK to shoot after dark etc.. Used to be until 9pm weekdays, 8pm weekends. Great to practice defensive handgun with mounted lights/night vision etc.

We used to live in North Salem, near Keizer, and were ARPC members. 35-45min drive, traffic depending.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top