JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed Dyjital. I'm awaiting a box of 1000 once fired range brass to see what the new press can do. Really like it so far.
In my groove I was hitting about 600/hr without pushing. I slowed down to refill tubes on the feeder and add more primers.

Excellent. That was what I was I was hoping. Like you I take short breaks to "reload and remount" during the process. My immediate goal is 500 rounds in an hour. Thanks for your input. Sounds like it will be achievable.

I don't worry so much about pure speed since the time I smashed a primer against a crimped primer. I've learned to make sure the handle feels right, the brass is right side up, the primer tray is jiggling, the powder feed is working properly, and that every thing looks and feels right. I also pay special attention to the powder fill to make sure the level looks about right. I also spend a bit of time checking OAL and dropping a few in the case gauge. It's usually check every one of the first 10 and then spread it out to fewer and fewer. After awhile. I run a full 100 (box of primers worth) and then spot check a half dozen of so. You need to change out or refill the primer tray and refill the brass feeder tubes anyway so you might as well take anther few minutes to check your product.

I have found that it helps to keep a dryer sheet in the powder hopper between sessions, and I also use a baffle to compensate for level differences.

I don't like to go much over 5 to 600 before emptying out the spent primers from the tube and cleaning things up. Maybe not necessary, but I like to keep a clean workplace and am very cautious if something doesn't feel right. All it takes is one primer to go bang and you'll REALLY be paying attention after that. At least that's been my exp....... er, ah, I mean, that's what I've heard!:oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top