JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg I just got rid of my springfield xdm and picked up a Kimber Custom II. Oh man is it beautiful.
Don't get me wrong, the xdm was a great gun, but next to the Kimber it didn't stand a chance as far as I'm concerned.
Picked it up at NW Armory, about $30 more than the cheapest online price I found. I also didn't have to wait for it or get a dealer to receive it for me. The guy there was nice enough to show me how to strip and reassemble it without scratching it.
Took it apart and cleaned it, put it in the safe... Then got it back out and spent the rest of the evening playing with it and touching it. (Yes, it basically is the same as the first time I discovered my ... Well something else very dear to me)
Anyway she is beautiful and tight, just what I was looking for. Ill add some feedback once I get to the range and can break her in properly.
I spent all evening trying to figure out who I can tell about it that doesn't roll her eyes and say "uh huh", I don't think some women get it.

image.jpg

Last Edited:
Have two Kimbers. Took them to the range last Sunday. I have never shot better groups in my life. Point true to aim by just bringing my hand up, nothing more, tripper pull is light and easy. Shot everything from 230ge ball practice ammo, 185gr practice ammo and 185gr +P defensive ammo, could not really tell what I was shooting and all were very accurate. No jambs or misfires or stacks. NO PROBLEMS at all with either one.

I had always wanted one but somehow convinced myself that a xdm was more practical, but I just wasn't real happy with it. I got talkin to buddy of mine who told me that "if you want a 1911 you won't be satisfied til you have one, no matter how much you weigh the pros and cons."
Even though the xdm was great. I still lusted after the 1911, like a married guy at the strip club. I couldn't be happier, definately the right choice for me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top