Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Kimber Custom II.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Joshg, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Joshg

Joshg Portland Member

image.jpg I just got rid of my springfield xdm and picked up a Kimber Custom II. Oh man is it beautiful.
    Don't get me wrong, the xdm was a great gun, but next to the Kimber it didn't stand a chance as far as I'm concerned.
    Picked it up at NW Armory, about $30 more than the cheapest online price I found. I also didn't have to wait for it or get a dealer to receive it for me. The guy there was nice enough to show me how to strip and reassemble it without scratching it.
    Took it apart and cleaned it, put it in the safe... Then got it back out and spent the rest of the evening playing with it and touching it. (Yes, it basically is the same as the first time I discovered my ... Well something else very dear to me)
    Anyway she is beautiful and tight, just what I was looking for. Ill add some feedback once I get to the range and can break her in properly.
    I spent all evening trying to figure out who I can tell about it that doesn't roll her eyes and say "uh huh", I don't think some women get it.

image.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Have two Kimbers. Took them to the range last Sunday. I have never shot better groups in my life. Point true to aim by just bringing my hand up, nothing more, tripper pull is light and easy. Shot everything from 230ge ball practice ammo, 185gr practice ammo and 185gr +P defensive ammo, could not really tell what I was shooting and all were very accurate. No jambs or misfires or stacks. NO PROBLEMS at all with either one.

3. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

wait untill you start shooting good reloads. It is even more fun.

4. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Congratulations and enjoy. The 1911 is a whole other world of pistol goodness.

5. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

+1

Just be ready to shell out more hard earned $$$ for another one. and another..

6. Gunfan

Gunfan Vancouver Member

Good for you!

Scott

7. phidelt208

phidelt208 Springfield, OR Active Member

The custom II was my first 1911 I still have it great gun I've had 7 or 8000 round through it. Works great still one of my favorites.

8. Joshg

Joshg Portland Member

I had always wanted one but somehow convinced myself that a xdm was more practical, but I just wasn't real happy with it. I got talkin to buddy of mine who told me that "if you want a 1911 you won't be satisfied til you have one, no matter how much you weigh the pros and cons."
    Even though the xdm was great. I still lusted after the 1911, like a married guy at the strip club. I couldn't be happier, definately the right choice for me.

9. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

Nice! A Kimber Custom is one of the 1911's that I carry. I just love the trigger on mine!