JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey I'm new to this forum and new to gun ownership. I look forward to absorbing as much information as I can on safe guarding my guns, using them probably, learning to clean them and how to fire accurately. I plan to as professional as I can and be a contributing member to this site.

I found out about this site from my mentor that's helping me build my first AR.

I absolutely believe in the 2nd amendment right to bare guns, because self defense is something that should be taken seriously and not lightly. From anybody looking to infringe on my alienable right to live.

Welcome to the forum and the word of firearms ownership, use and hunting. It is a lifelong journey with many facets. It is great that you have a mentor. There is tons of information on the net to learn from. However, you will find many opinions and some inaccuracies, so be sure to research and double check. The number one thing to learn as you get into firearms ownership is safety. I'll mention a couple of corrections to what you said. You mentioned the right to bear guns. The wording in the 2A is "arms" and I believe that was intentional. Secondly, our rights are inalienable, not alienable. Alienable means that it can be transferred. Inalienable means that it can't be. I recommend that yoiu join a local gun club such as Tri County (closer to you) or Douglas Ridge. Good luck.

1696870859250.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top