JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello NWF, iv been a lurker for a little while on here and thought it time to announce myself.
The names terrance and ive been a Portland resident for the last 7 years.
My intentions here revolve around finding folks to geek out about guns with and maybe make some new friends and find some shooting buddies. Not many of the folks in my life are active shooters or really interested in it at all.
So that's it. If there are threads regarding what I'm looking for is appreciate a point in the right direction.
Thanks y'all!

Welcome! I lurked on here for years. Finally spoke up on here and am sorry I waited so long. Great group here.

What do you shoot? What do you like to shoot?
Well I wouldn't say I shoot any particular type/caliber more than another, but I enjoy .22 plinking and working on my god awful pistol accuracy lol.
I'm trying to get back into shooting in general really. I grew up shooting muzzle loaders with my old man, then dropped off in my teens when he got out of it. I then had a long time when I just didn't ever get the chance to shoot. But a couple years ago I picked up a mossberg shockwave when I moved into a rather sketchy neighborhood and that gave me the bug again.
But at this point iv covered the bases( 9mm, 12g, .300blk, .22lr).

Well I wouldn't say I shoot any particular type/caliber more than another, but I enjoy .22 plinking and working on my god awful pistol accuracy lol.
I'm trying to get back into shooting in general really. I grew up shooting muzzle loaders with my old man, then dropped off in my teens when he got out of it. I then had a long time when I just didn't ever get the chance to shoot. But a couple years ago I picked up a mossberg shockwave when I moved into a rather sketchy neighborhood and that gave me the bug again.
But at this point iv covered the bases( 9mm, 12g, .300blk, .22lr).
No 223/556?

That's probably my next project. Givin the scarcity of .300 I'm getting out of the caliber, but I'm not sure if want to build a whole new rifle from scratch or just buy/build an additional upper.

I've transitioned to 7.62x39 since it can still be had at a (as of now) negligible markup with shipping. AR uppers in 7.62x39 are cool, but mags holding more than 10 rounds are hard to come by now. Im glad I got a Saiga when they were still cheap. I'm glad I stocked up when I saw the writing on the wall.

5.56 has been put to the back of line for me. It'll get put away for a rainy day unless the situation calls for it.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

That's probably my next project. Givin the scarcity of .300 I'm getting out of the caliber, but I'm not sure if want to build a whole new rifle from scratch or just buy/build an additional upper.

Welcome!

Yep. 300blk has become hard to get and prohibitively expensive. Like others have said 7.62x39 is an option and one of the few calibers that don't require a second mortgage to shoot.

I've never lurked but I do miss certain craigslist classifieds...

Anyway welcome. you'll find a ton of knowledgeable folks here and more good info than you can process.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top