Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New guy here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vwglx, Oct 14, 2011.

1. vwglx

vwglx Portland, Oregon, United States New Member

Hey guys! I'm new here. I've been an Oregon CHL holder for about a year. I've had a few guns so far.

1. Hi-point C9 9mm
    was my first gun, bought the cheapest thing I could to get used to having a weapon

2. Walther P22
    I loved this little thing but was looking for something that packed a little more punch

3. Sccy CPX-2 9mm
    I hated this thing. it was a Keltec PF9 clone but was just horrible

4. Makarov 9mm
    never fired it, got it in a trade then traded it in on my current gun

5. Smith & Wesson 5904 9mm
    was manufactured in 1992. Has been the best gun yet. I have over 1000 rounds through it in the last 6 months with no issues what so ever!

I am now looking into trading off the S&W for something a little smaller. I haven't been carrying that often because its too hard to conceal on my small frame (5'9 150lbs).

I've been coming here for over a year but just as a lurker. I just wanted to say "Hi everyone!"

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Lots of advice regarding concealed carry choices in the handgun discussion section. You have a lot of options.

3. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Being married and on a budget my very first new handgun purchase was the Highpoint 9mm for $99. Glad I have been able to move up and looks like you have too.
    Mike

4. vwglx

Yeah I really moved up with the S&W. I love that thing. The hipoint was fun. and who can complain about the price? I think I payed $129 for mine. I think I got like $50 in trade for it lol. My dream gun is a Kimber Ultra Carry II 9mm. Someday I will own one.

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Lurking for a year w/o joining!? What held you back!!! Welcome. :)

6. bruzer

Lots of love/hate on the internet forums for the Kimber but so far I like mine and all the guys I personally know that own them.
    Mike

7. vwglx

I guess it was just lack of experience that held me back from posting. I didnt really have any opinions to add and a buddy of mine is a manager at a local gun store so he helps me when needed lol.

I've read and heard alot of different opinions on the Kimber. It just looks so nice. It would make a nice addition to the safe. I doubt that if I were to get one that I would fire it often. I would be too afraid of breaking it lol.

8. bruzer

My Wife likes the Kimber too. She likes pretty things and is not afraid to break it.
    Mike