JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

I've been ever so slowly getting more interested in hunting, thanks to some friends who do, and now I've just about hit the tipping point.

I haven't fired a gun in a few years, but having done some reading and searching, I'm probably looking at picking up a used .308 bolt action and then buying a new set of optics. It seems that the three 7 numbered guns have a good reputation - Rem 700, Ruger M77, and the Winchester 70.

However, I've never handled any of these firearms, and so would like to get a feel for what I'd like to eventually go with.

I'm looking for some store recommendations around Portland that are likely to have not just these guns in stock, but are going to be knowledgeable and friendly towards a new hunter and gun owner. Been in a few stores out where I work around Hillsboro that have been anything but friendly - not a good way to earn any of my business.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Will

Welcome to NWFA. I shop at Keith's over here in Gresham. A little bit of a drive from the westside, but my wife and I have purchased several handguns there and always have a good experience.

-Jared

The guys at The Gun Broker are good. I have also had good luck with the guys at Fisherman's Marine Supply.

Whatever you do, stay away from The Gun Room in Portland and The Security Store in Hillsboro.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top