JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks,

I'm 21 years old, live in Battle Ground work in Portland. The only gun I've owned thus far is a .22 long rifle. I've been looking to buy a handgun, I wont be carrying it on my person for a while, maybe not ever. Haven't really considered it yet. Do you guys have any 1st gun recommendations? I'm leaning towards a 9mm, I've looked at a Glock 17 and an XD9 and can't seem to make up my mind.

Any suggestions? My price range is around $500, I've also looked at a buddy's Kahr CW9 but it's small and since I don't plan on carrying for a while it doesn't make any sense.

Welcome!

You can't go wrong with either of those 9 mm choices. The Springfield XD-M model is match grade but more expensive than your $500 budget. You can buy the Glock for right at $500.

Might look at the Ruger SR-9 since it is in the $439 price range and a nice handling weapon. Its trigger is not as nice as the other two but you will learn to work past that problem quickly.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top