Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

New guy checkin' in (Puget Sound area, WA)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Diamondback, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Saw a reference to something over here from THR (I'm "Diamondback6" over there), and had to swing by to check it out. Why couldn't I find this site sooner?

Anway, about me: I'm primarily focused on M1911A1's, M14-derivatives and US military-issue type designs from the Civil War to the present. In light of recent developments, though, I've been considering an AR or AK or two...

I was introduced to shooting as a teenager, but what really put me "in the game" for defensive-carry and "serious social irons" was having a few close friends at my alma mater, both students and staff, with violent problem exes, and a friend in Campus Security ended up advising me to get my permit over the situation.

So, that's me in a nutshell...

2. CastleFox

CastleFox Gone New Member

WELCOME!!! I could learn some from you I'm sure!
    I just got started in basic restoration on old firearms. Mostly Wood Stock style in bad shape, rust, etc.

NRFA is a great place!

3. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Thank you, although I haven't really been in that long--I'm mainly here to learn myself (would ya believe I still occasionally have problems with remembering "insert barrel bushing, twist to side, drop in spring and plug, twist bushing to lock"?), although I tend to approach things from a different perspective so I may be able to shed some light on things from another point of view.

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, quite a few colt 1911 people on here..enjoy!

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome - good to see more Washington folks on here.