JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every day carry and "other", or outdoors hunting etc. Are a different tool for me.

Every day carry is threaded through belt loops, needs to be useful for all sorts of social attire, making the esthetics of leather my choice, but still thick enough to handle a 1911 when required, finished with a nice silver belt buckle.
Its the pants that give me more difficulties when holster placing as I ponder what idiot figured out the placement of the loops!

Though I still use leather for "other", I also have, and like, the nylon or tactical type with the quick snap. Both are not belt threaded through the belt loops. Instead, placed over my regular belt for faster and repeated on and off going in and out of camp especially if knife and other accessories are hanging on it so just pulling the gun still leaves bulk and weight. It makes for tough sitting if left on in camp, if you cant dump the bulk and weight fast. (or squatting up against a tree in the woods if you get my drift)

If leather is chosen; A good solid harness tanned or rawhide belt as thick as your comfort and belt loops will handle works best for me. That is 3/16th for dress, 1/4" for "other" while proper edge stitching for both will help with shape longevity by inhibiting stretching .
As important as thickness, the width of the belt and the width of the slot in your holster must match closely one way or the other for best holster rigidity needed for faster and reliable draws. too narrow a belt or too large of holster loops is not good.
One can usually find lots of Dress belts off the rack but 1/4" stitched belts likely will be made in leather shops so order what you want.
Admonition:
USE NO OIL your leather belts, holsters included, oils will soften the leather.
Depending on your shape, you may like to stick your new belt in cold water (not hot, no more than room temp) for five to twenty minutes or longer depending if it is sealed and prefinished or rawhide, should be wet but not starting to easily deform. wipe it down, set it loosely coiled on the table for ten minutes, wipe it down again, should still be moist and a little supple, then strap it on with out accessories, just snug, and wear it dry, it will fit your curves like a glove thereafter. When completely dry, I use a variety of wax based stuff but mostly wax based shoe polish if matching colors, sparingly, outside and edges only, little more for inclement weather but only if needed, then buff.
you cant usually tighten up a stretched belt by resoaking because much of the damage is due to the fibers breaking down so save it for fixing things and buy a new on. Resoaking and some massage will work to some extent to tighten a sloppy holster. (gun rust protection required while drying)

Ares Gear Aegis or Aegis Enhanced.

Why it's awesome:
  • Rigid enough to support a full range load-out of multiple rifles mags, pistol mags, IFAK, Holster, knife, etc. It will easily handle any EDC load you throw at it
  • Infinitely and easily adjustable. You will never want to go back to traditional belt holes again...which never seem to be in exactly the right place
  • Impervious to the elements given it's scuba webbing and stainless steal. Leather and water don't always mix
  • Won't stretch like some leather can
  • Will easily last you five years of daily wear. Mine is 4+ years and practically looks new
  • Looks good in any casual setting. Doesn't scream "tactical" or "shoot me first" like some cobra buckle belts can
  • Easy to thread through most belt loops...unlike some cobra buckles

Why it may not be awesome:
  • It's not exactly cheap. But it will last a good long time so maybe that helps offset the price
  • It may be too rigid. Some people like a little more flexibility in their EDC belt. YMMV
  • The belt buckle is slightly big. If you carry in a sidecar rig along your centerline, this probably isn't the belt for you. Anything and you'll be fine

I've had great luck with Hank's Belts:
- Best Selling Gun Belts

Once in a while they have a "less than perfect" sale. If you sign up to get notifications you'll get an email when it's offered.
You can get some really good deals on some very stout belts.

Even buying the belts at the everyday price they are worth it.
These belts are great quality, value and a solid choice worth considering.

I love Beltman belts, especially for dress style gun belts 1 1/4" that fit slacks.
After trying them a couple years ago, I'm now a fan of Hank's belts. Hanks Concealed Carry Gun Belts - #1 Leather Gun Belt. They come with "100 year warranty".
I take advantage of their "less than perfect" sales and have several belts I use for everyday wear. The "Gunner" works for me.
When the sales hit, its like 2 for 1. I usually can't see the flaw or it's not important to the asthetics of the belt.

Check out: www.daltechforce.com

They have a lot of top quality gun belts.

Over the years I've struggled to find a good belt that wouldn't stretch or wear. Metal-lined ones work but are not very comfortable. Then I stumbled across Daltech Force's "super-bio" belt. It's synthetic. I decided to try it out and it will be the belt that I'll keep using until I'm six feet under. I bought mine 2 years ago and am still using it daily and it has maintained it's original shape and tension.

They come in different styles and run about $50. At first, the fact that they're made of synthetic material sort of put me off, but after I tried one, I was SOLD. It's sort of like finding the perfect holster after you've tried a couple dozen.
IMG_5258_1024x1024_2_-min_compact.jpg

for work, I've been wearing one from Trakline and it's been great! Over 3 years now with 0 issues...

https://www.amazon.com/Full-Grain-L...rakline+belts&qid=1553702529&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I can't find their actual website, but, a great belt. I carry an XDm 3.8" 9mm...for non-work, I wear a velcro belt but they gather junk in the fibers and become worthless after a while...I have instructor belts for range time, but won't wear those at work.

Peace,
Michael J.

I am looking to acquire a new gunbelt to replace the one that's finally wearing out after 18 years. I need something stiff that won't sag.
So I came here to solicit advice. Asking for recommendations for a good quality purpose built gunbelt.

More info: (Thanks titsonritz)
Steyr S9
for CCW @ 4 o'clock
Craft Holsters
View attachment 562805

Leather, Prefer basket weave, plain OK.
Waist size: 34-36
Cost- less than outrageous. You get what you pay for.
I expect to order it with appropriate wait.
Thanks.

I know not leather, but this belt is like wearing a barrel hoop around your waist. I love it.

Blade Tech Industries UCB Ultimate Carry Belt EDC Titan Ratchet Universal Up To 50" Nylon

in Amazon.

I have leather belts from Hank's, Urban Carry, and a few others... the two named are the ones I like best.

I also have several Cobra buckle belts, my favorite two are from Vedder. They use a step-down buckle which makes it much easier to thread through belt loops... I happen to be wearing one now. Even so, I don't reccomend this style for use with a slotted leather holster. The buckle is still fairly large and can tear up the holster's belt slots trying to force it through...
15537355104809209845910741972745.jpg

Love my KORE ratcheting belt. Still as solid as day 1 over a year later and looks new still. Plus the convenience of the ratchet system is amazing and one of those things that now I've tried I'll never go back to a regular belt again whether it's a carry belt or not.

X1 BUCKLE & BLACK LEATHER REINFORCED GUN BELT

Yup, expect for the buckle "look" that's the same belt I use - Trakline...I really like it!

Peace,
Michael J.

Mitch Rosen belt has arrived. It is well made - supports the piece well and looks good enough for dress (as dressy as I need anyway). I expect the holster from Craft in 6 wks or so.

Man do yourself a favor and buy a Kore essentials slide belt.
They are stiff and supper comfortable.
They have a slide locking system and a large strip for adjustment.
Gain a pound or two no problem.
Want to adjust for sitting in the car or eating a large meal, no problem.
Very small adjustments.

I can't say enough about them. I've had mine about a year and It's all I wear for carry or otherwise now.

I could never get regular belts to fit right, always ended up drilling holes in them for better fit. These solve all that.

They are about $60

Shop KORE Essentials | The Ultimate Belt for Men

I been wearing a Wilderness Tactical now for several years.
IWB, OWB, CC to full size no issue.
If I had any negatives, it's the metal buckle assy making noise when I put on my pants.
It will work as a tourniquet, lifting, or tow loop if needed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top