JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to acquire a new gunbelt to replace the one that's finally wearing out after 18 years. I need something stiff that won't sag.
So I came here to solicit advice. Asking for recommendations for a good quality purpose built gunbelt.

More info: (Thanks titsonritz)
Steyr S9
for CCW @ 4 o'clock
Craft Holsters
Closed-Muzzle-Leather-Belt-Holster.jpg

Leather, Prefer basket weave, plain OK.
Waist size: 34-36
Cost- less than outrageous. You get what you pay for.
I expect to order it with appropriate wait.
Thanks.

Last Edited:
Prepare to get the phone book or perhaps include a little criteria such as type of holster, position of carry, preferred material/construction type, cost, acceptable lead time, local or internet, etc.

The Beltman or AJ Custom Leather Belts.

Both make great gun belts - I have both, but I (ahem) grew out of my AG belt and decided to buy an elephant hide gun belt from the Beltman. Elephant belts are beautiful, but costly. They sell much lower cost, high quality gun belts if you don't go exotic.

Reno: "I tried the whole Tactical type and hated them. They aren't for everyone."
What is "the whole tactical type?" Why did you hate them?
Men's leather Belt looks like the belt my wife bought me. Great pants support but not stiff enough to keep the piece from hanging and dragging my pants down, which makes my back hurt.

Reno: "I tried the whole Tactical type and hated them. They aren't for everyone."
What is "the whole tactical type?" Why did you hate them?
Men's leather Belt looks like the belt my wife bought me. Great pants support but not stiff enough to keep the piece from hanging and dragging my pants down, which makes my back hurt.
I associate the nylon, non leather, fancy aluminum click or buckle type belts as tactical. They are usually marketed as such, so not necessarily my term.

There were two types I tried. The one with the fancy looking metal airplane looking buckle and the slip through a similar fancy buckle pull tight. Both utilize Velcro for its main form of tensioning.

These were the ones I tried.

1.5" Trainer Belt

1.5" Matte Black 2-Ply - Klik Belts

My main complaint was they were too stiff for me personally to be used everyday. They are not as flexible or comfortable in my opinion as a leather belt is.

My main problem is my body type. I am narrow. IE I'm wide, but not deep. I'm probably less than 4-6" in depth at my hips. I wear 32" waist jeans. Bending a super stiff double layered nylon belt around my hips made parts of the already stiff belt even more ridged. Moving around with those belt was not happening, they just cut into whatever part of me they could. Bending or twisting sucked.

That's not to say they don't have their place.

I still use the 5-11 belts when going to the range when I want to strap a bunch of magazine carriers to the belt.

However for everyday use in jeans or slacks, the American Giant belt I linked above gets used daily. It is comfortable from the moment you first get it has enough play to stretch with you when bending over or twisting your body yet supports my concealed handgun as if it didn't know it was there.

Last Edited:
I am looking to acquire a new gunbelt to replace the one that's finally wearing out after 18 years. I need something stiff that won't sag.
So I came here to solicit advice. Asking for recommendations for a good quality purpose built gunbelt.

More info: (Thanks titsonritz)
Steyr S9
for CCW @ 4 o'clock
Craft Holsters
View attachment 562805

Leather, Prefer basket weave, plain OK.
Waist size: 34-36
Cost- less than outrageous. You get what you pay for.
I expect to order it with appropriate wait.
Thanks.

Beltman, I'd lean to a dual-layer, double stitch, be sure to match width of belt with loop size of holster

...Gun Belt
I have one that is a Bianchi that is designed to go under a Duty Belt but can be work with or without. It's VERY stuff Nylon and Attaches with Velcro. I have no idea what it would cost New but I can find out. Let me know if you're interested.:):):)

Looks like it's about $25.00 but I would ship it to you for that amount.:):):)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top