JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The all new Glock 49 is it all really that " New" ? Basically a Glock 19 long slide. While I respect what glock is trying to replicate with Sigs modularity. People have been adding other slides onto Glocks much longer then these cross over Glocks have been around.

Last Edited:
It seems Glock is moving in the direction of modularity with their guns. If I were to own a G45 and a G49, that allows me the option to have 4 different weapon configurations - full size slide/full size grip (G17), full size slide/compact grip (G49), compact slide/full size grip (G45), compact slide/compact grip (G19). It also probably saves Glock some money because you're limiting the variety of parts needed to produce a specific design - for example, the G45 and G49 use the same recoil springs whereas the 17 and 19 use different recoil springs, that results in one less part that Glock needs to tool for their products. That one part can result in millions of savings in terms of production costs. Sig still has Glock beat in the modularity department but it's a step in the right direction and shows that they need to innovate to stay relevant in the (civilian) market.

If you buy a Glock 19 and a Glock 49, you can switch slides and get a Glock 19 and a Glock 49. Super cool :rolleyes:. This almost looks like a gag product and Gaston is laughing at all of us

It seems Glock is moving in the direction of modularity with their guns. If I were to own a G45 and a G49, that allows me the option to have 4 different weapon configurations - full size slide/full size grip (G17), full size slide/compact grip (G49), compact slide/full size grip (G45), compact slide/compact grip (G19). It also probably saves Glock some money because you're limiting the variety of parts needed to produce a specific design - for example, the G45 and G49 use the same recoil springs whereas the 17 and 19 use different recoil springs, that results in one less part that Glock needs to tool for their products. That one part can result in millions of savings in terms of production costs. Sig still has Glock beat in the modularity department but it's a step in the right direction and shows that they need to innovate to stay relevant in the (civilian) market.
Absolutely! Sig definitely executed the modularity aspect better. And that's coming from a mainly Glock guy lol You still need two separate Glocks to modular so boo! You could get a gun and a lower but then you're still paying the cost to transfe. Sig I can just go on a website order a different grip module that is what $40 and up?

If you buy a Glock 19 and a Glock 49, you can switch slides and get a Glock 19 and a Glock 49. Super cool :rolleyes:. This almost looks like a gag product and Gaston is laughing at all of us
The only one that makes sense to me is the Glock 45 lol but yeah it is getting dare I say " repetitive " I would love another 10mm Glock maybe a G19 size . Glock needs to start a sister company that focuses on innovating pistols and rifles that way you can associate yourself with the Glock name. Glock will take credit if it's a good product and if not they can deny all accountability it was our " sister company"

I have a Gen 4 G32 and g22. For a couple hundred bucks I can put a 40S&W barrel in the 32 and a 357 Sig barrel in the 22. I could even put 9mm barrels in both but for the gen 4's they recommend changing out he recoil spring and guide rod. I guess I thought Glocks were pretty modular right out of the gate or am I missing something here.

Edited to add: after watching the start of the video it looks to be about slide swapping and I'm pretty sure since both mine are Gen 4's I could do that anyway.

Last Edited:
Stupid.

Although all the people who were crying for a long slide 19 now get their wish. I guess Glock does listen to their customers…..

I still think it's stupid.

They should make a rifle already you can only do so much with a handgun.
They should just stick to what they do best. Handguns.

With that said I'm sure they'll come out with some form of rifle. Probably a PCC…. So a bigger handgun I can't conceal…. Great. lol.

With that said I'm sure they'll come out with some form of rifle. Probably a PCC…. So a bigger handgun I can't conceal…. Great. lol.
I need a Glock rifle in 7.62, 556 or 308 I'm not picky I'll take anyone of those three. PCC market is flooded even with braces back they kind of lost their appeal to me but to each is own.

Maybe one of these?
1700673467160.png
:s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:

I need a Glock rifle in 7.62, 556 or 308 I'm not picky I'll take anyone of those three. PCC market is flooded even with braces back they kind of lost their appeal to me but to each is own.
Why does it have to be from Glock? A lot of reputable companies make great products in those offerings.

So glock.....

When we getting 15rnd mags for the 43x/48 that doesnt involve going 3rd party.

When do we get alternate grips for the gun? You know one that allows a natural flat 45 degree rear grip and backstraps that allow classic glock bump grip.

Think its possible to finally abandon the plastic stock sights in favor of OEM night sights standard, i mean youre only charging like $700 now for MOS and the old argument was that plastic sights kept costs down.

Late add - will we be getting a G49/45 chambered in 40/45 or is 9mm only allowed nice things.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads