JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It only actually rains twice a year in the PNW. January 1st to July 1st, and then the rainy season for the rest of the year.

C'mon, guys - you want flowers all year round? The tallest trees on earth? The best location for growing froot-stuff on the continent in a valley designed especially for the job? [Willamette Valley] More cheese and ice-cream that you've ever seen in one place on earth [Tillamook cheese factory], more wine breweries that you can reasonably hope to visit in a year?

So it rains.

A lot.

Get over it.

Wont get over the fact that gun rights continue to be chipped away up here though.

Ok, I spelled it wring...lol. But what makes Louisiana so special? The rest of the entire nation calls them state counties. Parish?

Parish** goes back to when the French and Spanish had settlements there (Roman Catholic) Thats what they called the territories and the name was adopted after the Louisiana Purchase

Welcome. It's great forum we got here.

And I though it was NORlense?

And, would have been a GOOD Super Bowl if the ref wasn't blind!

Parish** goes back to when the French and Spanish had settlements there (Roman Catholic) Thats what they called the territories and the name was adopted after the Louisiana Purchase

A Parish is the area/territory served by a church in most of the Catholic & Orthodox religions. Most Parishes have one main church (can have more than one but unusual today) The French and Spanish were colonizing in the name of the Country and Church. Louisiana kept the Parish name because of the very strong and large Roman Catholic population in South Louisiana. The rest of the country was more Anglicized and changed a lot of the Spanish and French names to English.

clo5: not trying to step on your toes but thought I would give more information to the Yankees. Southerners considered anyone not from the deep South a Yankee(LOL)

A Parish is the area/territory served by a church in most of the Catholic & Orthodox religions. Most Parishes have one main church (can have more than one but unusual today) The French and Spanish were colonizing in the name of the Country and Church. Louisiana kept the Parish name because of the very strong and large Roman Catholic population in South Louisiana. The rest of the country was more Anglicized and changed a lot of the Spanish and French names to English.

clo5: not trying to step on your toes but thought I would give more information to the Yankees. Southerners considered anyone not from the deep South a Yankee(LOL)

Feel free haha. Didn't want to put too much effort in when Google is available for everyone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top