Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New forum user here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kubrick, Mar 16, 2012.

1. kubrick

kubrick Portland, OR Member

Let's see,

I've been using firearms since I was a kid and most of my adulthood (including a stint in the Marines). However, I have been neglecting my skills and haven't shot in years. I recently decided it was time to get back into it so if it came down to it, I could actually hit something with the .45 in my nightstand drawer.

I added a new pistol to the collection and finally went shooting last night. Oh boy those first few magazines were terrible. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn :( Thankfully, after 50 rounds or so, the touch started coming back and my last 50 or so rounds were much better than the first, but I'm still nowhere near my old chops. Practice makes perfect and since I joined a local range here in Portland, I'll be practicing a lot more.

Anyway, I grew up in Southern Oregon (Medford area) and have lived in Portland for 4 years or so now. I found this forum via google searches for various gun related topics and thought I would join the party.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. The touch indeed disappears when you don't practice halfway regularly.

3. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Welcome and thank you for your service! :thumbup:

4. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. gryghin

gryghin Beaverton Active Member

Thanks for your Service!

7. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Welcome to the show

8. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Devil Dog! Went to the range the other day and put my very first round dead center in the bullseye! Could not repeat it and when the smoke cleared my target looked like I had used a shotgun.
    Mike