JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a friend send this to me and I figured I'd share it on here. I don't particularly like the idea of this kinda round because it's a "Fix all" for people who don't train at all or don't keep their skills up. Have a look and see what you guys think...

<broken link removed>

*EDIT*****My apologies.... I just figured out someone else posted this a while back!! Comments still appreciated!****

Seems gimmicky. What happens if you shoot it from a revolver - when the projectile hits the gap between the cylinder and the barrel, will it try to expand, and increase pressure and/or slow down? When one of the pieces misses your target, it would seem to me that the cable would deflect the round, pulling it off course and possibly missing your backstop. What happens when you completely miss your target? Just about anything you hit will result in an unpredictable flight path. Yikes. Some lawyer is going to love this product. And I would expect to see it banned from a lot of shooting ranges after a few target holders, lights etc. get ruined.

Holy collateral damage, Batman! Those rounds seem like a "love to hate" kinda thing...will have to do more research on them before I make up my mind.

I wonder what the accuracy rate is on those things?

Penetration in balistic gel?

Any damage done to the barrel?

Seems like they're trying to turn a pistol into a shotgun...I say good luck with that. My guess is that you can only really get good results out of bigger caliber bullets (say .45 ACP and up) due to the limited space in a casing as it is. Splitting it into three seperate pieces divides the capability of the bullet into a third of it's capability (weight of the bullet vs the speed) unless it is made up for in another way.

Very interesting to say the least...

Looks incredibly stupid.

and based on their own ballistics gel test, lacks any real penetration and probably could be defeated or easily mitigated by heavy clothing.

20111113141754 - YouTube!

Agreed, I can't see any use of a bullet that does minimal penetration with a wide target range...

[/sarcasm]

How about seeing the actual production product before making judgement? Maybe sending it in to the "Box o' Truth" before writing this one off? Just my two cents.

You should buy some and put them on the shelf next to your KTW, Black Talon and Hornady Zombie-Max. Once these are banned, the price will undoubtedly go up. As far as a round that sends multiple projectiles downrange, I believe it is called buckshot and it is available at Bi-Mart. As far as the bolo shotgun round mentioned above, it is also another gimmick, though a more viable one. That bolo round is great within 25 feet but loses momentum fast. Since when was 00 Buck not enough payload? The only "gimmick" shotgun round that I ever purchase are the penetrating rounds. You know the guys with the exploding bullets that the wife sells(quite well, I may add) while the husband works on Glock's at the gun show's? The ones with the homemade, stapled shut packaging? The 12ga. "Steely" round is incredible. If an engine block didn't completely sieze after the first round, it definitely will after two. Kip

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top