JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yah, same here. Great fThere was a guy driving a pickup on a Sunday morning in Salem a few years back who ND'd himself at a traffic light thru his FA. If I recall correctly. Deceased on scene.

My wife is an engineer and I used to do new systems acquisition oversight back when I was in Air Force intelligence. The one thing we both were trained to avoid are things that have single points of failure. Shooting yourself in your femoral artery or blowing off your genitals is one of those things. I'd much rather have a separate holster under the dash or in the center console than pointed at my FA or my equipment. My only criticism of people who decide to carry that way is that it pretty much violates the number one rule of firearms safety. Plus, people who don't have a lot of experience with firearms are going to follow their lead and all of the "I'm a self-proclaimed firearms expert" YouTube reviews, perhaps with disastrous results. When you've drawn and fired your weapon thousands of times and instilled that sort of discipline into your muscle memory, then you're probably ok if you have a good holster, but new shooters and CCW people probably don't have that to fall back on. One finger or shirt tail in the trigger guard during the draw and you can easily kiss parts of yourself, if not your life, goodbye. The worst I'll probably face the way I carry is a groove down or through my butt cheek. Not fun, but also not fatal.