JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's actually not right. The P-01 isn't a 75 compact in the full sense of the word, despite the "Compact" label on the slide. This can be confusing, but what most people refer to as the CZ 75 Compact is steel framed and comes in safety only. There are also steel framed 75 Compacts that have a rail and profile like the P-01, so they do get confused with the P-01, but still are safety only. I had one. It was a brick. The P-01 on the other hand is alloy framed like the 75D PCR, has a rail, and is decocker only. So the real difference between the 75D PCR and the P-01 is the rail and the blunt end frame. I'm not sure about the slide profile, though. As to why I ditched the P-01, I sold it because I didn't like the rail on a gun I was going to carry. I like the tapered effect of the PCR for holstering and comfort. Other than that, they both shoot great and are great guns. The P-01 just seems easier to find for some reason as well.

I had a hard time choosing between the P-01 and the PCR; ultimately choosing the former because it gave me the option to add accessories (which I never have). I use a Remora, inside the waistband, holster and it carries just fine. I like the grip in your picture. What brand are they and where did you buy them?

They're Cool Hand grips. Found them on Amazon. They apparently make a full line of grips for just about everything. There is a slight variation in the pattern between the left and right grip, but nobody ever looks at both sides at once and probably wouldn't notice much if they did. But they're extremely well made and fit the gun perfectly with no fitting required and no slop whatsoever between the grips and the frame. Very reasonable compared to VZ and others.

C2091058-988C-49F1-A024-4D0AE86CF9F9.jpeg 90D30CD4-1FE4-4D5A-8C9F-E5C9E78095F2.jpeg E5EB7E7C-32ED-4C2C-BE3D-433B83089D27.jpeg And...a new holster for the PCR.
I prefer to carry AIWB...I know, not everyone's cup o' tea, but it works very well for me.
Alex Boriqua ("Boriqua Leather") is a retired gent in AZ somewhere. Graphic artist, who now supplements the income by hand-making top quality holsters, wallets, etc. Makes everything one at a time, hand stitched...Old School.
I chose darker colors, as I'm not into a lot of bling. But he has some pretty wild stuff too.
I also have an OWB for my p-01 on commission with him, should be done in a week or 2.
These things are works of art...true beauties. Oh yeah...about $60.

Well, after wrestling around a couple of years with unsatisfactory OWB holsters for this one, I bit the bullet today and ordered a high rise OWB holster made specifically for the 75d pcr from Craft Holsters. I too use a Remora IWB for this pistol. However, there are times I would prefer a discreet OWB holster. Think driving and working around out doors. After several reviews I went with what CZ offered. Will take about 2 weeks before it ships. Yikes, I even had my initials put on it! Fancy stuff for me. Anyone else with one of these holsters? If not, I will post a review on it after it comes in.

Truglo tfx pro if I'm not mistaken. Green on the back and the green with orange ring on the front. At the range the other day though in bright sun, you cant even see the orange. It just looks like 3 glowing green dots.

Very nice pistols, congrats all of you.

Surprised they didn't make an Omega version in the compact, that could be converted from SA/DA/Decocker to 1911-style of safety.

They do, it's the P-01 Omega, imagine that ;). Now, just because it's listed on their website doesn't mean they exist in the real world, I believe they might be another unicorn.

Now all that said, I'm happy to announce that I've just said "I'll take it" on a PCR of my own, should have it in hand sometime next week. Used, but only 320 rounds down the pipe, so not even broken in yet. Should be a nice companion for my recently acquired P-07. I'm pretty excited, I've had one of these on my radar for almost a year. More later.

Dave

Here's the new pcr OWB holster. Had it about a week now ..

PCRHolster.JPG

Was born in Slovakia and delivered to Seattle. A very well made high rise holster by Craft Holsters [for CZ]. It is a very discrete OWB holster. Happy I took a chance on this one. It is actually being used.

I am very pleased with this one. The high ride design allows me to carry at about 2:30 - positioned well so I can comfortably sit in a chair or in the truck and NOT have the weapon pointing at my femoral artery :eek: and it keeps the pcr completely concealed under a long tailed shirt. As the holster breaks in more to the pistol the retention stays solid and the draw is quick too ... at least for this old dawg.

I am very pleased with this one. The high ride design allows me to carry at about 2:30 - positioned well so I can comfortably sit in a chair or in the truck and NOT have the weapon pointing at my femoral artery :eek: and it keeps the pcr completely concealed under a long tailed shirt. As the holster breaks in more to the pistol the retention stays solid and the draw is quick too ... at least for this old dawg.
I'm with you. The whole AIWB thing is NOT for me. I don't trust myself enough not to make a stupid move at some point, so I'm a 3-4 o'clock guy myself.

I'm with you. The whole AIWB thing is NOT for me. I don't trust myself enough not to make a stupid move at some point, so I'm a 3-4 o'clock guy myself.

Yah, same here. Great for folks who can and do.

There was a guy driving a pickup on a Sunday morning in Salem a few years back who ND'd himself at a traffic light thru his FA. If I recall correctly. Deceased on scene.