JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently relocated from Colorado and was looking at the CCP application from Washington County. It states I need to provide two references of people not related to me? I am new to the area and only know a couple of people. Not sure what I am do to for references. DO they actually contact the references given? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MilitantBEEMER

use people you know. Nothing says those people need to be in Oregon does it? And yes they might be checking. The last thing to do is anything not 100% truthful.

From my experience and from what I've heard, they aren't very diligent about contacting references. I would still ask permission from someone you intend to put down as a reference, just in case they do contact them they will be expecting it. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use people from Colorado if that's where you're from. They will see you are from Colorado when you list previous addresses.

I was not suggesting being untruthful. I just wanted to make sure I did not have to use local. (the only people I know local are coworkers and I do not wnat them to know I carry) I will use friends from Colorado then.

Thank you All

MilitantBEEMER

Keep it short and sweet with Washington County.... I have had some issues with them... they have tried to mess with me but I knew my rights so they backed off. Also FYI it's a CHL not a CCP.... Conceal Handgun License. With that CHL you can also open carry no matter what the city laws are.... because you are state licensed.... not saying you should or not open carry just saying you can.
I should say you can OC in public places (and of course your private property).... had to make that clear before someone jumps my rear... lol.

I ran into the same problem as I have only lived here since May of last year. So far no kickback on my having provided references from Prairie City, Oregon and from California. On the other hand I am still waiting for the CHL.

Keep it short and sweet with Washington County.... I have had some issues with them... they have tried to mess with me but I knew my rights so they backed off. Also FYI it's a CHL not a CCP.... Conceal Handgun License. With that CHL you can also open carry no matter what the city laws are.... because you are state licensed.... not saying you should or not open carry just saying you can.
I should say you can OC in public places (and of course your private property).... had to make that clear before someone jumps my rear... lol.

Please let me know what issues I may come across from Washington County

Thank you

MilitantBEEMER

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads