JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Figured what the heck and ordered a 16" rifle length gas barrel from Blackhole Weaponry. This is a custom contour I call the "Hammer Flare". I wanted a light weight barrel for hunting but I wanted the barrel to transition/flare smoothly to the muzzle device, type 1 bolt and of course a 8 twist. The barrel weighed in at 1lb 9.7oz.

Broke in the barrel on thanksgiving with some Hornady factory ammo, 123gr A-Max and 123gr SST's both shot well. I only had a handful of factory A-Max. So I pulled a 100 yard zero with them and fired my three shot groups after that with the SST's. This is the last 3 shot group I fired. The hole under the group was my aiming point that was from earlier when pulling a zero. The rifle ran like a champ and by the way it was recoiling and throwing the brass, I know I will be able to turn the adjustable gas block down a little and tune it to a sweet spot. Maybe try one of my Enidine buffer for that when I do it. See how smooth I can get it.

Here are some pics, some were before the barrel was delivered after I had just got it back from being Cerakoted, the 5.56 mag was just for the pics. The Cerakote is "Terminal grey" by Bigger Hammer Industries.

A little shorter than the last one, both chambered in .264 LBC/6.5 Grendel.

FullSizeRender_zpsf8eb8276.jpg FullSizeRender_zps8daf693f.jpg IMG_9389_zpsb54f0328.jpg IMG_9390_zps8cc83ee3.jpg IMG_9388_zpsafe5ac41.jpg FullSizeRender_zpsccc1d9e3.jpg IMG_9416_zpsfa7af2e8.jpg IMG_9417_zpsc77db6a1.jpg IMG_9421_zps0475f518.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR