JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Figured what the heck and ordered a 16" rifle length gas barrel from Blackhole Weaponry. This is a custom contour I call the "Hammer Flare". I wanted a light weight barrel for hunting but I wanted the barrel to transition/flare smoothly to the muzzle device, type 1 bolt and of course a 8 twist. The barrel weighed in at 1lb 9.7oz.

Broke in the barrel on thanksgiving with some Hornady factory ammo, 123gr A-Max and 123gr SST's both shot well. I only had a handful of factory A-Max. So I pulled a 100 yard zero with them and fired my three shot groups after that with the SST's. This is the last 3 shot group I fired. The hole under the group was my aiming point that was from earlier when pulling a zero. The rifle ran like a champ and by the way it was recoiling and throwing the brass, I know I will be able to turn the adjustable gas block down a little and tune it to a sweet spot. Maybe try one of my Enidine buffer for that when I do it. See how smooth I can get it.

Here are some pics, some were before the barrel was delivered after I had just got it back from being Cerakoted, the 5.56 mag was just for the pics. The Cerakote is "Terminal grey" by Bigger Hammer Industries.

A little shorter than the last one, both chambered in .264 LBC/6.5 Grendel.

FullSizeRender_zpsf8eb8276.jpg FullSizeRender_zps8daf693f.jpg IMG_9389_zpsb54f0328.jpg IMG_9390_zps8cc83ee3.jpg IMG_9388_zpsafe5ac41.jpg FullSizeRender_zpsccc1d9e3.jpg IMG_9416_zpsfa7af2e8.jpg IMG_9417_zpsc77db6a1.jpg IMG_9421_zps0475f518.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads