JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's awesome. It would be cool to see it go head to head with leverevolution.
Given LEs record of inconsistency and inaccuracy I suspect this ammo (with conventional bullets) will vastly exceed it.

Never 'bought off' on the 'flex tip' concept. Interesting idea but the poor accuracy reports kind of negated any performance advantages.

Actually, the only difference I see with this ammo as opposed to their other ammo chambered for lever guns, is the graphics on the package. :D

Actually, the only difference I see with this ammo as opposed to their other ammo chambered for lever guns, is the graphics on the package. :D
I shoot 327 and have not seen a bullet that heavy before in a hollow point. But I agree it is expensive. I am not familiar with other calibers, but guessing they are toward the heavy for caliber side as well.

I reloaded my own ftx in .357mag; these were loaded hot. I can't comment to their lethality on game, however, I was getting consistent 2-3in groups at 100y out of a Rossi M92. That's on par with other loads with that rifle.

I shoot 327 and have not seen a bullet that heavy before in a hollow point. But I agree it is expensive. I am not familiar with other calibers, but guessing they are toward the heavy for caliber side as well.
In fairness, I am speaking only of my beloved .30-30 chambering. The .30-30 version of this cartridge has the same weight soft point bullet, at the same velocity, as their standard offering.

Whatever it takes, I hope they sell tons.:s0023:

Better yet, I hope they make some to actually sell. 🙂

You were lucky and probably the fact they were reloads is what resulted in your good accuracy.

Lots of poor reports with factory ammo over the years. Heck i have heard of 6 - 8" groups out of .30-30 with it.
Interesting. Makes you wonder if it's a design flaw of the bullet, or inconsistent charges from the factory.

Interesting. Makes you wonder if it's a design flaw of the bullet, or inconsistent charges from the factory.
A good friend of mine who is an excellent machinist and has a good 'eye' for anomalies or potential faults he potentially sees in things were discussing it a while back and I showed him some of the bullets.

He came up with a theory that the longer some of the bullets remained 'nutz to butz' in the mag tube it was possible for the flex tips to become slightly deformed and it might have affected their 'flight' enough to alter the accuracy. Heck, made sense to me !

A good friend of mine who is an excellent machinist and has a good 'eye' for anomalies or potential faults he potentially sees in things were discussing it a while back and I showed him some of the bullets.

He came up with a theory that the longer some of the bullets remained 'nutz to butz' in the mag tube it was possible for the flex tips to become slightly deformed and it might have affected their 'flight' enough to alter the accuracy. Heck, made sense to me !
That could also explain my results. I was at a bench, top loading them one at a time.

The Leverevolution shoots quite well out of my Marlin 336 ~2" groups @ 100. I don't load the rifle to full capacity though, one in the pipe and one in the mag.

I saw these Federal loads a few days ago. The 30-30 was in stock for a day or so.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top